New Everton Stadium Discussion

It's the club: it's not a significant player. It cant borrow off investors the type of cash required for this stadium idea because the club are a bad bet to carry the debt.

You have to ask why the club are pursuing it. I do...constantly. I come up with nothing that makes sense about this project. There's so much that can be objected to and when it gets called in it'll be annihilated...and tbh, it might lead to the best outcome: a gradual GP refurbishment.
Oh dear. You still want a redevelopment?

I hope to God they are a lot bigger. I used to sit in the Park End for the first years it was open. During the bad weather it was dangerous underneath the stand because the space there was not big enough for all the people in the stand. Unreal.
To also be fair, the club have changed funding models a few times and should have been a lot more professional in their communications over the issue.
possibly mate, I struggle to pay my way from week to week, I don’t even pretend to know how the finances work :)

It's the club: it's not a significant player. It cant borrow off investors the type of cash required for this stadium idea because the club are a bad bet to carry the debt.

You have to ask why the club are pursuing it. I do...constantly. I come up with nothing that makes sense about this project. There's so much that can be objected to and when it gets called in it'll be annihilated...and tbh, it might lead to the best outcome: a gradual GP refurbishment.

The landscape has changed. TV money has risen dramatically. International sales revenues have skyrocketed. EFC has been in the top flight for a very long time and attendances have been relatively strong too. Why wouldn't someone want to loan the money?

If this all goes Peter Tong, the vast majority of Evertonian's will just ruefully smile and shrug their shoulders.

Look how we have become resigned and accepting, re our totally inability to beat the RS in any competitive game.

The club know this, and can continue to tease us with the prospect of nirvana at the docks, happy in the knowledge that
they will face no come-back if BMD comes to nothing.

Must be one the bells I’ve blocked that’s got you all biting again.
We are moving to a world class stadium on the Mersey.
Be happy girls .

giphy.gif

You're kidding?

Kirkby:

Funding - yes
PP - yes

BMD:

Funding - no
PP - no
PP for Kirby? Are you sure? Got called in and denied
Couple of concept drawings from Barr

BMD already to go, fully designed and out for tender not just a drawing of the ground, everything from bars walkways roof cladding etc, RIBA 3 level of detail, this is really far along. Can’t speak on funding but construction wise really far along (May 2020 start pencilled in) at this point

This is not pie in the sky anymore we are close

You have to look at this whole thing without the prisim of EFC Dave.

"Nothing makes sense" It 100% makes sense.

"Level of cash needed" In commercial property funding, its miniscule.

"So much that can be objected to". Thats why we have had a planning team in place, thats why we have presented the stadium, AND WIDER PICTURE to the HoC folk.

"Gradual GP refurb" Now that makes no sense, in the context of it benefits no one but the match going fans with some better views and that. But using GP as a community asset when we move home, ( such as what has been widely trailed), now THAT makes sense.

All will be revealed. Personally, the idea of refurbing GP depresses the crap out of me. Just my opinion. I was pro KD and am pro BMD. I was very anti Kirkby and Walton Hall Park was a ridiculous idea.

PP for Kirby? Are you sure? Got called in and denied
Couple of concept drawings from Barr

BMD already to go, fully designed and out for tender not just a drawing of the ground, everything from bars walkways roof cladding etc, RIBA 3 level of detail, this is really far along. Can’t speak on funding but construction wise really far along (May 2020 start pencilled in) at this point

This is not pie in the sky anymore we are close
Yep. The pre-construction work has already begun!