New Everton Stadium Discussion

According to John Blain on Twitter, Everton were expected to reveal stadium plans at AGM in January then bottled out at the last minute. Then at workshops Dan Meis said we’d see them within weeks. Recently Colin Chong & DBB have said design & capacity have been not decided. Are those 2 false alarms because the finance cannot be raised?

I heard similar.

BMD isn't happening. It's fantasy, designed to keep us hooked but having to spend nothing. Same as mike Ashley "I'm looking to sell the club" bollocks.

What evidence do we have that it's actually happening ?

Personally I think Liverpool not gaining the commonwealth games was a dagger through the heart of the project. Joe Anderson providing money for it might have seen it happen but that's debatable as I can't see a mixed red and blue local government ever seeing that happen. Liverpool as a city generally has a habit of delaying on projects like this anyway without even thinking abou the football tribalism.

Finally the lack of sponsors has, I think, shelved it. We thought we would easily get a company to basically pay for the build. But we have struggled far more than will ever be admitted. The fact it's on a dock will make the finances and challenges even greater.

Investors have baulked at it. Moshiri won't put a penny of his money to it.

I can't see it happening.

Which seriously makes me think we should be looking for alternatives. Not picking the near the M57 option has trebled the issues and the finances required.

Be easier to just swerve the whole thing and start again at Goodison. Start buying up the buildings around it. People say it can't be done. Why? It's been across the park. We could do it far more effectively. It would work out cheaper than pie in the sky Bradley moor. Make better use of the space behind the park end. The footprint is there. Why not ?

Or sod the lot and just make a start by the 57. It's better than nothing.

Sorry I'm rambling. Bored and totally fed up by it.

What evidence do we have that it's actually happening ?

Personally I think Liverpool not gaining the commonwealth games was a dagger through the heart of the project. Joe Anderson providing money for it might have seen it happen but that's debatable as I can't see a mixed red and blue local government ever seeing that happen. Liverpool as a city generally has a habit of delaying on projects like this anyway without even thinking abou the football tribalism.

Finally the lack of sponsors has, I think, shelved it. We thought we would easily get a company to basically pay for the build. But we have struggled far more than will ever be admitted. The fact it's on a dock will make the finances and challenges even greater.

Investors have baulked at it. Moshiri won't put a penny of his money to it.

I can't see it happening.

Which seriously makes me think we should be looking for alternatives. Not picking the near the M57 option has trebled the issues and the finances required.

Be easier to just swerve the whole thing and start again at Goodison. Start buying up the buildings around it. People say it can't be done. Why? It's been across the park. We could do it far more effectively. It would work out cheaper than pie in the sky Bradley moor. Make better use of the space behind the park end. The footprint is there. Why not ?

Or sod the lot and just make a start by the 57. It's better than nothing.

Sorry I'm rambling. Bored and totally fed up by it.
Chill mate!

A world renowned architect has confirmed he is designing it. One of the largest companies in the UK have confirmed we are going to be taking the land. When Meis, Peel or indeed Everton confirm this is off then I'll be fuming.
The world renowned architect never utters a word about BMD now. Him & Anderson are now on a prolonged radio silence. Club still not started transport consultation ( I thought they’d already covered that in the previous 2). No sign of the website Colin Chong spoke about. Always jam tomorrow with Everton.

Hi mate, The Etihad stadium is still rented off the Manchester City Council. The reason that Man City haven't bought it outright is because a large portion of any profits made by MCC from a sale would have to be returned to the European fund where it came from. This way MCC will continue to make a profit far beyond the time as such a rental deal is paid off. Cities owners are happy to do this as it helps them to have a really good relationship with the council.
The biggest complication that I have heard, but have no evidence of, is that City pay a portion of gate receipts to the council as part of the rental agreement based upon the original capacity only. The more they expand, the smaller the % of gate they pay.

Thanks for educating me mate. I didn’t know that and stand corrected.

I know that Brexit is blamed for absolutely everything, but surely it would make sense to see how that plays out before signing contracts etc?