New Everton Stadium Discussion

Closer look at the 'not quite safe standing' area at the new stadium with the hand rails and seats fitted.

rails111.jpg

Harking back to my earlier post this morning, I started to wonder exactly what reactions there would be if Everton actually did have to announce that the new stadium dream had stalled permanently.

My initial response would be not renewing my ST as at present one of the reasons I've kept hold of it is hoping it would guarantee a seat at BMD.

whereas It would wind me up if the new ground fell through, why does it matter where we play to support us? ie why would you not renew at goodison but would go to bramley moore?

whereas It would wind me up if the new ground fell through, why does it matter where we play to support us? ie why would you not renew at goodison but would go to bramley moore?
Simply because of my age, 300 mile round trip, M62, the fare on offer over the past few years and a few other factors have all contributed to me having to come to a decision sooner or later, as to whether 56 year match day experience needs to be reined in somewhat. So I come back to my original sentiment which is shared by a good few I can say with certainty, I would like to have a spec at our new ground and see having a season ticket as a means to an end.

According to John Blain on Twitter, Everton were expected to reveal stadium plans at AGM in January then bottled out at the last minute. Then at workshops Dan Meis said we’d see them within weeks. Recently Colin Chong & DBB have said design & capacity have been not decided. Are those 2 false alarms because the finance cannot be raised?

According to John Blain on Twitter, Everton were expected to reveal stadium plans at AGM in January then bottled out at the last minute. Then at workshops Dan Meis said we’d see them within weeks. Recently Colin Chong & DBB have said design & capacity have been not decided. Are those 2 false alarms because the finance cannot be raised?

I imagine that that is a succinct summary of the situation.

“According to John blain” tells me everything I need to know about the validity of those rumours.

Were still looking apparently

They haven't even got the "update" webpage online yet.

...now that tells you a story in and of itself!