New Everton Stadium Discussion

Just because the last name is goldblurt doesn't mean it's fake.

No, but the account being created today, the stock image, the flurry of following Everton fan accounts and the flurry of nonsense EFC tweets dictates that it's fake.

There's enough nonsense spouted, we could do with fans doing a common sense check before amplifying the blatant nonsense.

Look who's crawled out the woodwork, the only ones saying it's embarrassing are the ones who don't want it to happen

I have not crawled out of anywhere, I want it to happen, I doubt it will, and it is the usual embarrassment when the whole thing collapses with the usual
excuses ... sorry if my opinion differs from yours ...

We get bought by a `billionaire` who then goes begging to the Council ..... whole thing has become embarrassing to the club
I don't really understand the point you are making to be honest.

The money to build the stadium is/was always going to be borrowed. I don't think there ever was a suggestion that it would be otherwise.. apart from people who live in a land of make believe.

What is being proposed is that instead of using the conventional banks for part of the funding , the club will use a facility open to the council to obtain money , thus in effect making the council our bank.
The council will generate much needed funds and the club finances the stadium.
Hardly " begging".

I don't really understand the point you are making to be honest.

The money to build the stadium is/was always going to be borrowed. I don't think there ever was a suggestion that it would be otherwise.. apart from people who live in a land of make believe.

What is being proposed is that instead of using the conventional banks for part of the funding , the club will use a facility open to the council to obtain money , thus in effect making the council our bank.
The council will generate much needed funds and the club finances the stadium.
Hardly " begging".

This in a nutshell .......

There's a good read in the NYT online in relation to New York City FC (i.e. Man City II) now five year effort to secure a site and a good fit finance structure to build it. Parallels to ourselves. Currently back to the first preferred site (Bronx v docks), now part of a wider commercial and residential development (check) and with a degree of public finance support (check). $400m for a 26,000 seater is the figure quoted. Also stressing the need for year round event business to make the strategy work (city centre location for BMD). Worth a browse.

Below link is to an abbreviated version of the article on the MLS site, NYT doesn't allow one copy and paste.. check out NYT article within the link embedded to this article.

Report: New York City FC exploring stadium site in The Bronx

There's a good read in the NYT online in relation to New York City FC (i.e. Man City II) now five year effort to secure a site and a good fit finance structure to build it. Parallels to ourselves. Currently back to the first preferred site (Bronx v docks), now part of a wider commercial and residential development (check) and with a degree of public finance support (check). $400m for a 26,000 seater is the figure quoted. Also stressing the need for year round event business to make the strategy work (city centre location for BMD). Worth a browse.

Below link is to an abbreviated version of the article on the MLS site, NYT doesn't allow one copy and paste.. check out NYT article within the link embedded to this article.

Report: New York City FC exploring stadium site in The Bronx
The whole plan seems to be very well thought out even down to parking issues

Superimposed1531473799220.jpg