New Everton Stadium Discussion

But less debt
Given the delays and the fact that more and more are having doubts we will ever see a spade in the ground, plenty will settle for 55k. - and be glad of it.
Has to be 60k, you can't spend 500m for an extra 15000 seats.

If theres between 5000-10000 empty seats for some games then so be it.
I just hope the club have done there research, and can get in at least another 10-15k people in.

Has to be 60k, you can't spend 500m for an extra 15000 seats.

If theres between 5000-10000 empty seats for some games then so be it.
I just hope the club have done there research, and can get in at least another 10-15k people in.
According to those who say they know, eg. Meis, putting those last 5000 seats into a size restricted site, which it is...I mean there a 'kin big river down one side ffs...those extra 8% seats actually cost about 15% of the actual budget

According to those who say they know, eg. Meis, putting those last 5000 seats into a size restricted site, which it is...I mean there a 'kin big river down one side ffs...those extra 8% seats actually cost about 15% of the actual budget
with the possibilty of safe standing in the future - and they've already said any new stadium would be designed with that in mind could safe standing increase the numbers?

Get what your saying.

I heard they are expecting the attendance to increase to an average of 48k-50k over the course of a season at the moment. Not 55 or 60.

But you never know where the club will be in 15-20 years time, which is why you may aswell build it as big as possible now.

Anyone know what the ongoing situation is with respect to GP from a public safety standpoint? There have been past comments, this thread included, about fire safety certificates. Is this a genuine concern? Does there come a point assuming ongoing prevarication with respect to a new stadium, that actual reconstruction of areas of GP becomes a requirement from a public safety angle? Or worse, sections must be closed?

Get what your saying.

I heard they are expecting the attendance to increase to an average of 48k-50k over the course of a season at the moment. Not 55 or 60.

But you never know where the club will be in 15-20 years time, which is why you may aswell build it as big as possible now.
Sunderland's Stadium of Light says Hi.

But less debt
Given the delays and the fact that more and more are having doubts we will ever see a spade in the ground, plenty will settle for 55k. - and be glad of it.

I think you're right there. I'd count myself in that camp having wanted to see us aim for 60k or upwards.

If the club wanted to dampen expectation of a bigger capacity, they have amply succeeded in my view, considering the doubts on this ever coming to pass at all seem to grow by the week.

There is no choice to be made between a 55k waterside stadium and nothing.

Anyone know what the ongoing situation is with respect to GP from a public safety standpoint? There have been past comments, this thread included, about fire safety certificates. Is this a genuine concern? Does there come a point assuming ongoing prevarication with respect to a new stadium, that actual reconstruction of areas of GP becomes a requirement from a public safety angle? Or worse, sections must be closed?
Just the board trying to scare the fans into going to Kirkby. Goodison will not lose its fire safety certificates overnight... Unless someone decides to cover the whole thing in flammable cladding.:oops:

Get what your saying.

As we seem to be struggling for finance at all, never mind finance for 55k or 60+k. The size will be governed by what we can afford, not by what we need...if we actually need it

I still remain to be convinced this new stadium will actually ever be built.
Skeptic I know, but been a blue best part of 60 years now, so I have learned never to believe anything till it actually happens.