New Everton Stadium Discussion

I thought our Spurs friend comnents were reasonable enough.

It's not that long ago that they were going nowhere and were changing managers with the regularity we now seem set for.

So there is hope for us yet. We have to fulfill BMD though. If it doesn't happen we are finished. It has to happen by 22-23 and has to be at BMD. We can't settle for some flat-pack imitation somewhere else that would take another 10-15 years to fulfill.

This is all or nothing at least for my lifetime as a supporter.
Agreed and at least 60k plus not mid 50s as befits a mid table club of our standing ( according to some random spurs fan )

I thought our Spurs friend comnents were reasonable enough.

It's not that long ago that they were going nowhere and were changing managers with the regularity we now seem set for.

So there is hope for us yet. We have to fulfill BMD though. If it doesn't happen we are finished. It has to happen by 22-23 and has to be at BMD. We can't settle for some flat-pack imitation somewhere else that would take another 10-15 years to fulfill.

This is all or nothing at least for my lifetime as a supporter.

Spot on.

We can't settle for second best in stadium at least. Let's get that right.

I see that Liverpool City Council's director of finance, Becky Hellard, has resigned. Private Eye has a story but I haven't seen it.
Yes, she has had a somewhat chequered career, but, having read an article on the debtresistance.uk website regarding LOBO loans I am very unsure that LCC will be in any position to loan money to a private limited company.

Brison123.
I wrote "For some reason I guess you will end up with a 58,000 stadium" which is not saying that you will and you than say that I wrote "mid 50,000."
You also then miss out that I wrote about the financial burden that both Spurs and Everton will carry for many years and every extra thousand seats installed then means that the stadium footprint/area of land needed get a lot more and more expensive.
Judging by your replies at me, maybe you're quite young and don't realise that these things really do matter at clubs not backed by oil or Russian money (hence even though they were loads of money coming in by having constant C/L participants and even though they have the money coming in from constant 60,000 with I think, the highest priced tickets in the world,) Arsenal had financial restraints for at least 5 years after thier new build.

I also didn't call Everton a mid table club/smaller than Spurs so there really is no need to be so defensive.

Brison123.
I wrote "For some reason I guess you will end up with a 58,000 stadium" which is not saying that you will and you than say that I wrote "mid 50,000."
You also then miss out that I wrote about the financial burden that both Spurs and Everton will carry for many years and every extra thousand seats installed then means that the stadium footprint/area of land needed get a lot more and more expensive.
Judging by your replies at me, maybe you're quite young and don't realise that these things really do matter at clubs not backed by oil or Russian money (hence even though they were loads of money coming in by having constant C/L participants and even though they have the money coming in from constant 60,000 with I think, the highest priced tickets in the world,) Arsenal had financial restraints for at least 5 years after thier new build.

I also didn't call Everton a mid table club/smaller than Spurs so there really is no need to be so defensive.

I’m 57 went to my first game when I was 7 beat Sunderland 4-0 Mortissey hat trick
We are as big a club as Spurs , we will easily fill a 60k plus stadium and it won’t be a financial burden on Everton
We do EVERYTHING. together will make sure of that

I'm 3 years younger than you and our views on building and paying for very expensively built stadiums were totally different but your articulate post above has made me completely change my mind and I now believe both Spurs and Everton won't have any problems at all paying for 60,000+ stadiums :pint2: