New Everton Stadium Discussion

Yep, all going...

The whole of Chelsea village will be demolished and the new stadium will include a new club shop, museum, a bar and restaurant. The two existing hotels, restaurants, bars and spa will be relocated.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stamford_Bridge_(stadium)

Blimey. Talk about a legacy stadium.

So demolishing then rebuilding, I assume, pretty expensive real estate in West London, 4 years at Wembley, and building what looked to me like a medieval castle as a stadium? And remaining competitive in the league and CL?

Cricky.

At least your new ground actually looks like a football stadium.

Hi ya all, been reading this forum for about a year (from when I first about your new stadium.)
As a Spurs S/T holder I fully understand your concerns on capacity v cost the cost of building something around 60,000 but for some reason I think you will end up with around 58,000 (dunno why?)
Some on here have mentioned that £10 million a year stadium sponsorship will help pay for the stadium but like for us, I see any sponsorship money only there to help cover the interest payment.
Obviously one day the dept for both clubs will be paid off (with the extra corporate money coming in being a massive help) but I think anyone who thinks bringing in an extra 20,000 fans (IF fully sold out every week) are gonna be disappointed as the debt will still eat up most of the Exta income, (although we are icky to be a bit more advanced in the that sense cos we have been in Europe every year for 10 years, done ell in the P/L, having that extra exposure will help us bring in more sponsorship money, with the NFL tie up maybe helping to bring in more than expected?)

I do agree that if you build a stadium less than 55,000 is a little disappointing but if you can't afford more then a state of the art with say "only" 15,000 more will still be a big upgrade then what you currently have.

As said here recently, our S/T prices are a little high but unlike a previous Spur, I do expect my S/T price to go up by about £100 from our last season at WHL, for which I paid £900 for a first row seat in the top tier behind the goal with a fantastic view.

Going back in time threads on here about West Ham, don't believe the B.S. spouted by thier owners, they have thousands of empty seats ever game in thier awful football stadium.
They may have a small waiting list (which will become easily available next season cos many of thier supporters hate being so far from the pitch) but many bought a S/T at a Junior price (£99) but go only when the bigger teams by upgrading the ticket for an adult for that game and in the first place Ham could only afford to sell kids tickets for this price cos they were "given" the stadium, Spurs and Everton will not be able to afford to do this.

To answer another question. I think our actual stadium itself build will be around £700 million.

Hope you all end up as happy with yours as I feel I will be with ours.

EDIT; I tried to keep that short

Last edited:
Just to be clear, my £700 million(ish) guess for the new White Hart Lane was also meant to include land costs not just the stadium build itself.
It doesn't or all the other stuff that's gonna eventually be built around the stadium.

Hi ya all, been reading this forum for about a year (from when I first about your new stadium.)
As a Spurs S/T holder I fully understand your concerns on capacity v cost the cost of building something around 60,000 but for some reason I think you will end up with around 58,000 (dunno why?)
Some on here have mentioned that £10 million a year stadium sponsorship will help pay for the stadium but like for us, I see any sponsorship money only there to help cover the interest payment.
Obviously one day the dept for both clubs will be paid off (with the extra corporate money coming in being a massive help) but I think anyone who thinks bringing in an extra 20,000 fans (IF fully sold out every week) are gonna be disappointed as the debt will still eat up most of the Exta income, (although we are icky to be a bit more advanced in the that sense cos we have been in Europe every year for 10 years, done ell in the P/L, having that extra exposure will help us bring in more sponsorship money, with the NFL tie up maybe helping to bring in more than expected?)

I do agree that if you build a stadium less than 55,000 is a little disappointing but if you can't afford more then a state of the art with say "only" 15,000 more will still be a big upgrade then what you currently have.

As said here recently, our S/T prices are a little high but unlike a previous Spur, I do expect my S/T price to go up by about £100 from our last season at WHL, for which I paid £900 for a first row seat in the top tier behind the goal with a fantastic view.

Going back in time threads on here about West Ham, don't believe the B.S. spouted by thier owners, they have thousands of empty seats ever game in thier awful football stadium.
They may have a small waiting list (which will become easily available next season cos many of thier supporters hate being so far from the pitch) but many bought a S/T at a Junior price (£99) but go only when the bigger teams by upgrading the ticket for an adult for that game and in the first place Ham could only afford to sell kids tickets for this price cos they were "given" the stadium, Spurs and Everton will not be able to afford to do this.

To answer another question. I think our actual stadium itself build will be around £700 million.

Hope you all end up as happy with yours as I feel I will be with ours.

EDIT; I tried to keep that short

So in other words
Know your place
Realise you are smalltime
Ditch your ambition
Spurs are a bigger and better club than Everton
Take a small stadium and be grateful for it
I could end it with an abusive insult , but I won’t

So in other words
Know your place
Ditch your ambition
Seemed like a perfectly reasonable post to me. I don't understand the mindset of a minority of fans who get defensive about every comment on here from a supporter of another club.

Regarding the capacity, 60,000 would be great, but I think there'll be plenty of games where the crowd will be below 55,000 (Cup games etc). On those occasions, it would probably be worthwhile closing off a 'top-balcony' on the camera side, which could normally be allocated to general admission (Non-ST).

I saw this on skyscrapercity.com. Its the proposed new Sydney Football Stadium. They will be bringing down lightweight LED mesh screens on the upper tier for games that don't need to use the full capacity. Something innovative like this would be pretty cool. Alternate between 55,000 and 60,000 and avoid looking at empty seats.
sydney.jpg

So in other words
Know your place
Ditch your ambition
A tad harsh on @H.H. that! It seemed a fair assessment of the state of play.

I do hope we follow Spur's example and make this stadium work when it's not on duty for its main purpose as a football stadium though. 20-30 days a year indicates that there is ample scope for other activities there, though probably not an NFL stadium.

I saw this on skyscrapercity.com. Its the proposed new Sydney Football Stadium. They will be bringing down lightweight LED mesh screens on the upper tier for games that don't need to use the full capacity. Something innovative like this would be pretty cool. Alternate between 55,000 and 60,000 and avoid looking at empty seats.
View attachment 44491

Hmmm....In Sydney's stadium that screen will screen-off a third of the capacity (i.e. the entire upper tier) because it's effectively being built for two uses (similar to Atlanta's new NFL stadium too, which also screens off the upper tier for lower capacity soccer events).

Using a similar screen to hide 5/60th of the capacity as you suggest hardly seems worth it. 5k empty seats is hardly the end of the world (it's not like Arse**l always fill the Emirates), and actually drawing attention to it would be odd imho, and also be an easy stick for Liverpool fans to beat you with. It'd also be weird to have a policy of alternating between two not-very-different capacities. Give some tickets to schools if you need to fill a couple of thousand seats for less popular games or something, get kids interested in the club.

Build at the upper end of what you think you'll need. Unless you frequently get enormous amounts of empty seats in the new stadium*, I wouldn't see any need for special screens or whatever.

* which would suggest you got the capacity very wrong and maybe didn't need a new stadium at all, which surely won't be the case.

Seemed like a perfectly reasonable post to me. I don't understand the mindset of a minority of fans who get defensive about every comment on here from a supporter of another club.

Regarding the capacity, 60,000 would be great, but I think there'll be plenty of games where the crowd will be below 55,000 (Cup games etc). On those occasions, it would probably be worthwhile closing off a 'top-balcony' on the camera side, which could normally be allocated to general admission (Non-ST).

View attachment 44491

Looks a bit of a squeeze getting 60,000 into that

View attachment 44491

They stole that idea off here........

I thought our Spurs friend comnents were reasonable enough.

It's not that long ago that they were going nowhere and were changing managers with the regularity we now seem set for.

So there is hope for us yet. We have to fulfill BMD though. If it doesn't happen we are finished. It has to happen by 22-23 and has to be at BMD. We can't settle for some flat-pack imitation somewhere else that would take another 10-15 years to fulfill.

This is all or nothing at least for my lifetime as a supporter.