New Everton Stadium Discussion

There's a very simple solution to the capacity question.

No one likes an empty or half empty ground so why not make the seats big, with places to put drinks like at the cinema.

Then if itneeds to be increased we can make them smaller to fit more in.

Totenha's new stadium.jpg

If this 'Artist's impression' is kosher, it's going to look brilliant.

The longer this draws on the more I think this inept board will screw it up, look at how long it takes to complete transfers! Look at the quality of our transfers! Look at the inability to appoint a decent manager and go cap in hand to BFS and bowing to his contract demands.

Sad times for EFC, never felt more disinterested ever....
Billy says Hi and he’ll be leaving shortly

Well what I meant was if the stadium isn't bringing in significantly more money than Goodison it makes changing stadium questionable in the first place. May as well spend the £500m on the team and hope to become a dominant force.

Even if Moshiri/Usmanov are willing to throw money away on it I'm sure they don't want to waste endless money? The books need to be balanced at some point...
Most of the increase in money will come from executive boxes, better commercial deals, concerts etc

The increase from standard ticket prices is small fry compared to all the other revenue streams which is why they are now talking about only 50k. Sure Italian clubs have been moving into smaller venues for a while now.

Levy is making it state of the art which doesn't come cheap. Because of the time scale we are paying premium rates for workers (sometimes 1400 on site at once), heard for example we were paying some £26 an hour and more. Those sorts of numbers soon add up.

It would be a start if he paid his previous contractors.;)

I thought Elstone said it? If no one did why have people on here brought it up.

No one knows anything mate, so its all conjecture. A few seem to have a better informed opinion than others, some have a wider view about the whole thing, but not a word of substance from anyone at the club.

Nightmare scenario, and it isnt finished in time, where will you play next season? Wembley, or are Chelsea there next year?

We've got an agreement with Wembley for another year if it's needed, but I'd be very, very surprised if that happens. Levy said at the London NFL fixture reveal in January unless something very unusual happens we'll be at WHL next season even if that means playing the first few matches away. Roof lift likely to start this week.

Chelsea's project has fallen behind, they're trying to buy up more land and might even change aspects of their design if they manage to. They're definitely not at Wembley next year. 19/20 at the earliest for them to move out (and it'll be a three year exile from Stamford Bridge).

They're definitely not at Wembley next year. 19/20 at the earliest for them to move out (and it'll be a three year exile from Stamford Bridge).

Ddint know when they move out, but heard it could be 4 seasons at Wembley, Andy Jacobs mentioned it. He was fuming!

The amount of work that Chelsea stadium is going to take is staggering. Different scale of project really even from ours due to how unsuitable the location is for that size of stadium. Plus they are using bricks for the exterior which is going to be very time consuming. It will take four years for sure.

The amount of work that Chelsea stadium is going to take is staggering. Different scale of project really even from ours due to how unsuitable the location is for that size of stadium. Plus they are using bricks for the exterior which is going to be very time consuming. It will take four years for sure.

The pics I saw were quite, er, interesting, to say the least. Marmite for sure. No idea about the location, as in, never been there, but are they demolishing Stamford Bridge? Like, arnt there hotels and that there now?