New Everton Stadium Discussion

Be astonished if the major bits and bobs havnt already been "discussed" with the Planning Dept. Off record obvs, but that occurred when I did a pretty big extension project years ago, pretty sure it would have happened here.
Roy you know I love you but have you really just compared your extension on your farmhouse to building a new stadium?

Roy you know I love you but have you really just compared your extension on your farmhouse to building a new stadium?

Haha! Not really, just that when the Everton planning application thumps into someones In Tray at LCC, it wont exactly be a surprise.

Like when we did our stuff, Mrs R fancied a roof terrace thing to overlook the fields. The architect said its dead easy to do, but more drawings, (costs), but spoke to the planning dept and they explained the regs on having a fire escape, special locks on the upstairs windows, and a safety barrier.

So binned the idea. Before lobbing the plans in.

Same difference really.

Surely the club should be looking at doing something similar to Spurs? We should be trying to get the NFL in the north. It'd be a stupid mistake not trying to be a part of a growing franchise worldwide.

I'm sure it'd be quite an attractive game for a die hard American New York Jets/Giants
fan to have a nice cruise followed by a weekend in our fantastic city, hopefully followed by them falling in love with our stadium, club and culture.

Surely the club should be looking at doing something similar to Spurs? We should be trying to get the NFL in the north. It'd be a stupid mistake not trying to be a part of a growing franchise worldwide.

I'm sure it'd be quite an attractive game for a die hard American New York Jets/Yankees fan to have a nice cruise followed by a weekend in our fantastic city, hopefully followed by them falling in love with our stadium, club and culture.

Have you seen the video of how Spurs are incorporating the AstroTurf pitch with their own grass pitch.
It's fantastic but I shudder to think of the cost.
The only way it would be feasible is to have a contract with NFL ( which I think Spurs have ) plus you would have to host other events concerts etc on a fairly regular basis to make it pay.
Granted there have been a few college football games in Dublin ( Navy , Army Norte Dame etc ) that have sold out Croke park ( 80,000) but their football season coincides with the soccer season in England.

Haha! Not really, just that when the Everton planning application thumps into someones In Tray at LCC, it wont exactly be a surprise.

Like when we did our stuff, Mrs R fancied a roof terrace thing to overlook the fields. The architect said its dead easy to do, but more drawings, (costs), but spoke to the planning dept and they explained the regs on having a fire escape, special locks on the upstairs windows, and a safety barrier.

So binned the idea. Before lobbing the plans in.

Same difference really.
Are you dead posh an minted like?

Hang on a mo, @roydo has got a farmhouse! With pigs and sheep?

Not quite. A farm building that was lobbed up after WW2 to house the lads coming back from the fighting.

But cos the farmer chose the plot to build it on, its basically in a meadow, overlooking the fields. So a large plot, and at a pinch, we could have pigs, a goat maybe, and we have had chickens over the years. Tons of em.

Not quite. A farm building that was lobbed up after WW2 to house the lads coming back from the fighting.

But cos the farmer chose the plot to build it on, its basically in a meadow, overlooking the fields. So a large plot, and at a pinch, we could have pigs, a goat maybe, and we have had chickens over the years. Tons of em.

Sounds boss mate. My missus would love somewhere big enough, and out of the way to grow stuff, keep chickens, etc. She has a bit of the 'Good Life' about her. Being a lad from Huyton, the thought of it makes me come out in a cold sweat.