New Everton Stadium Discussion

Ultimately it comes down to funding at the end of the day.

If we have it it goes ahead if we don't it won't. Everything else is noise

That would be true if Everton were providing the finance. IMO, we aint, not even a little bit; nor is Moshiri. (usual Roydo "if I am right" disclaimer).

How it gets pulled together, I only have a vague idea on, but the LCC SPV thing allows property investment houses to climb aboard what would otherwise be a far too risky venture that they would normally want to be associated with.

How the slack between that, the SPV thing, and the total cost is made up, well, I would cast my gaze eastwards myself.

This is tremendous news. I reckon in a few weeks we will see the first images of our new stadium. There was almost certainly 2 designs. I think they have known for quite a while that it was likely to go to Brum

That would be true if Everton were providing the finance. IMO, we aint, not even a little bit; nor is Moshiri. (usual Roydo "if I am right" disclaimer).

How it gets pulled together, I only have a vague idea on, but the LCC SPV thing allows property investment houses to climb aboard what would otherwise be a far too risky venture that they would normally want to be associated with.

How the slack between that, the SPV thing, and the total cost is made up, well, I would cast my gaze eastwards myself.

If only people would accept the fact that our stadium is a small but vital part of a bigger plan
I had great hopes for Moshiri and his investment in the team.
However he is in Daveks words a poor Billionaire.
He only barely makes it into the billionaire status group so he was never going to put his own millions into us.
What he has done is come with a major plan and the financial nous , planning and contacts to see the plan through.
The general dockland development is where the big money is and by big money I'm talking Billions
The stadium will be a showcase , a jewel that shines but with no real value except to attract footfall and investment to the area.
However the plus side to this is that we get a brand new stadium , cheaply financed , with a very manageable payback cost and timeframe.
Moshiri may stay involved and use his acumen to get better sponsorship deals and attract better finance but unfortunately I can't see him putting a lot of his own money in.
Moshiri and Corestate ( Google them ) buying the Liver building is a bigger statement, it's like a fancy site office on a building site for them.
Moshiris 48% ownership still doesn't make sense and I can see a larger considerably richer shadow in the background , I mean how did Moshiri finance the share buy into the club ??
The stadium will be built as it's a means to an end and we just happened to be in the right place at the right time.
Maybe Moshiri will sell up , but if he does the new owner will be getting a club in much better shape to compete than when Moshiri took over

He sold his Arsenal shares to Usmanov for around £200 million, which give or take is what he has put into us.
That's what I meant about the 48% stake and the larger richer shadow in the background
Wenger again stated today that Arsenal are still financially strong and by all accounts Kronke is using Arsenal as a cash cow and using his shares as collateral to obtain funding to build a new stadium for one of his many franchises in the states.
He's going nowhere and I reckon Usmanov is beginning to realise this.
Plus the richest man in Africa ( Danko I think ) is making noises that he will bid for Arsenal once he finishes building a multi billion refinery in Africa.
Usmanov may use the docks development as a way out of Arsenal and into Everton.

Moshiris 48% ownership still doesn't make sense

It does though. All sorts of legal stuff has to happen when he assumes 51%.

And, iirc, there are sell agreements in place with a fixed price for the rest when he wants to exercise that option. So he has "control", but not really.

Like you said, he is a facilitator. Said it ages and ages ago.

I remain to be convinced that Usnamov is that arsed about buying into Everton personally, although there is deffo plenty of smoke around, granted, that supports that move. He has freed up his trusted deputy to get the ducks in order for his investment into Liverpool Waters, imo.

Because these people have to find something new to moan about. Until today it was that the Commonwealth Games Bid would mean the Stadium design would be compromised if Liverpool won the bid. There has been post after post of outrage about how the club and Anderson have signed us up to a deal that would give us only a slightly improved Olympic Stadium. Now that hasn't happened, and their moaning was all for nothing, they have to switch to a new reason to create negativity which now seems to be some assumption that we will struggle to finance the deal and it will fall through.

Their reasoning? Because of failed moves in the past under Kenwright, and it wouldn't surprise me if some who are aggrieved by deadline day will link Moshiri's 'failures' on that day to sealing the Stadium deal.

I personally expect things to move far quicker now that this obstacle is out of the way. Meis will be able to proceed as initially planned and we will see some more info in the coming months. Positive news in my opinion.
i dont get their thinking, now Mosh cant afford to get the finance deals together to build a stadium... this is the man who bought the Liver Building as he couldnt be bothered ringing round for a portacabin as a site office for BMD.

Be astonished if the major bits and bobs havnt already been "discussed" with the Planning Dept. Off record obvs, but that occurred when I did a pretty big extension project years ago, pretty sure it would have happened here.
Exactly
Even an architect building a one off house will check with the council as to what will fly and what won't.
All the general do's and don'ts will have been discussed with the architects and the planning dept.
No point wasting months making plans and then be told
Not a hope in hell mate , go back to the states and start from scratch.