New Everton Stadium Discussion

Great news no track, but given what we know now about Moshiris reluctance to put any of his own dosh in, this must mean we've got to find a helluvalot
More money from some place else. Slightly concerning That Joe is talking about his confidence in being able
To reach agreement with Everton, I thought agreement had been reached months ago

Defo Elstone speak for "Walton Hall Park it is then"

Do you think Elstone wants to fail?

Previous failures were linked to the fact that we only had a millionaire at the back of us financially and not a billionaire. You only have to look at the change in attitude from the council towards us since Moshiri's arrival to see that we are now a far more attractive proposition to work with.

The Stadium will happen.

Would be hilarious if one of the three sections of retractable pitch started going back in mid match. Ideally the middle one so you'd have left vs right wingers pinging the ball across a middle dead zone

And the south stand eating Hugo Lloris. :eek::(

Back on topic, your stadium was never dependent on 2022 was it? And with no track, the design should have no compromise of build complications now. But could surrounding infrastructure, transport etc be built with less urgency now the Mayor's pet project is dead? Really don't know Liverpool that well so I don't know how much of that is needed.

And the south stand eating Hugo Lloris. :eek::(

Back on topic, your stadium was never dependent on 2022 was it? And with no track, the design should have no compromise of build complications now. But could surrounding infrastructure, transport etc be built with less urgency now the Mayor's pet project is dead? Really don't know Liverpool that well so I don't know how much of that is needed.

Supposedly Anderson (the mayor) has come out and said it makes no difference mate, and the deadline doesn't change, saying that though, he is a bit of a tit.

As an outsider looking in it seems to me that the overall development of the docks is the big prize, the opportunity to pick up the Commonwealth games on the way was just an added carrot which would raise the profile of the city and the development project being undertaken.
The money which is going to be spent anyway could have dovetailed with the Commonwealth games coming to Liverpool and would have helped offset some costs, but the big project(Docks) is not reliant on the awarding of the games to Liverpool city.

I am not sure that everybody on here grasps fully the scope and scale of the overall project that the docks development could become and the huge sums of money that will be spent and made.

The Everton portion of this will be absolutely dwarfed by the overall project but it is likely that the new ground will generate media attention far greater than it's cost relative to the overall spend.

I think the money that can be made out of developing the city was the deciding factor in bringing Moshiri to Everton and I feel he is positioning himself and business partners to be heavily involved in whatever happens. Everton football club will hopefully benefit from this project as it may become the public face and flagship project of the development.

I hope.
This