New Everton Stadium Discussion

Folk still sizing our ground according to other clubs (primarily the RS and Spurs) I see. Sad.

Look it is and it isn't. I remember a time when we had the 2nd biggest club stadium in the country. Others can remember a time when internationals would take place at Goodison if the usual ground was unavailable.

That was/is a source of pride, that we were so at the forefront of everything to do with stadium design. I'm afraid capacity goes hand in hand with this.

Say we get to host a world cup in a not to distant future, Why would the FA use our new stadium if anfield can hold say 4k more?

To regain our status we need to think and act like the Everton of old and live up to our motto. The difference between 58k and 62k is nothing in the grand scheme of things but its boost in terms of how our stadium will be looked at from the outside (second biggest club stadium in the UK) is immense.

Look it is and it isn't. I remember a time when we had the 2nd biggest club stadium in the country. Others can remember a time when internationals would take place at Goodison if the usual ground was unavailable.

That was/is a source of pride, that we were so at the forefront of everything to do with stadium design. I'm afraid capacity goes hand in hand with this.

Say we get to host a world cup in a not to distant future, Why would the FA use our new stadium if anfield can hold say 4k more?

To regain our status we need to think and act like the Everton of old and live up to our motto. The difference between 58k and 62k is nothing in the grand scheme of things but its boost in terms of how our stadium will be looked at from the outside (second biggest club stadium in the UK) is immense.
A fair point, particularly the international tournament aspect, but be honest, the only reason most want to exceed Anfield is purely for bragging rights (or to prevent the RS mocking us).

The evidence shows that new grounds everywhere add typically 25% on to attendances. So just to allow for that means a minimum capacity to cater for 50,000. And that's without achieving improvements in results or trophy-winning. Throw that in and we'd look to be catering for 60,000. Now, if the plans are for 4,000 corporate/hospitality seats then we're up to needing in excess of 60,000.

There's been no news on the new stadium front, and don't think there will be any until the planning application
goes in, so, the thread is now off topic.

IMO, the difference between all those clubs that once had the undisputed status as 'big' and Everton, is that they've
all either disappeared from the First Division/ Premier League, or are yo-yo clubs. Everton has done neither.

There's been no news on the new stadium front, and don't think there will be any until the planning application
goes in, so, the thread is now off topic.

IMO, the difference between all those clubs that once had the undisputed status as 'big' and Everton, is that they've
all either disappeared from the First Division/ Premier League, or are yo-yo clubs. Everton has done neither.
There should be news by now. The consultation period is supposed to be in full swing. I've seen no evidence of that like.

4000 seats would be irrelevant. It would be a choice between a brand new up to date stadium in a prime location and a shed in the middle of a horrible run down area of the city.

I did feel the RS were short sighted staying at Anfield as I did not think 60k + was an option on that foot print. Looks like I was wrong and they will manage to complete a great expansion whilst remaining in their spiritual home.

Still think if we get it right on the docks we can have the better end result

4000 seats would be irrelevant. It would be a choice between a brand new up to date stadium in a prime location and a shed in the middle of a horrible run down area of the city.

It shouldn't but remember the historical argument that it's world renowned. Like it or not players and people who make decisions to give tournaments will factor that in. Unless we suddenly start winning pots drawing attention to our new home, I don't think it will generate much interest outside of Liverpool if it's not bigger or as expensive as Spurs and Chelseas new homes. It will just be oh! another new stadium. (unless there is a USP yet to be revealed)

The FA are more likely to go on cold hard facts of how much income can be generated and if they had 4k extra seats and probably more corporate facilities then ours may look better, but they would use the hole punch.

Imagine refusing to even contemplate someone might be telling the truth on here, to the extent you post a comment on their profile page accusing them of lying.

You know, instead of just reading something, either believing or not believing it, then going about your life. Actually going out of your way to call someone a liar, you being so angered by someone having the temerity to suggest they have a bit of inside info.

Imagine refusing to even contemplate someone might be telling the truth on here, to the extent you post a comment on their profile page accusing them of lying.

You know, instead of just reading something, either believing or not believing it, then going about your life. Actually going out of your way to call someone a liar, you being so angered by someone having the temerity to suggest they have a bit of inside info.
That was weeks ago. You still upset?

@Ernie you monster

See the spuds have increased theirs already
Just over 61500 but looks as though it is a seat configuration rather than design change

South stand is steel only (see model: red = steel, white = concrete), and will be the last stand built, so there's scope for changes. They've got an extra 500 in. That single-tier stand should absolutely fly up as there's no worries about concrete setting. Just a big mecano set.

It shouldn't but remember the historical argument that it's world renowned. Like it or not players and people who make decisions to give tournaments will factor that in. Unless we suddenly start winning pots drawing attention to our new home, I don't think it will generate much interest outside of Liverpool if it's not bigger or as expensive as Spurs and Chelseas new homes. It will just be oh! another new stadium. (unless there is a USP yet to be revealed)

The FA are more likely to go on cold hard facts of how much income can be generated and if they had 4k extra seats and probably more corporate facilities then ours may look better, but they would use the hole punch.

IIRC, for the last few world cups, the country has drawn up a shortlist and FIFA has made the final decision. Would think both Anfield and Bramley Moore would be on that shortlist. So it'll be in the hands of scrupulous FIFA officials. :coffee:

That was weeks ago. You still upset?

@Ernie you monster

I'm not the one going out of my way to call someone a liar on their profile page, or liking someone else doing so, like a big gang of childish clique buddies.

Still, you told me, eh! You've put me in my place. You've utterly refuted my information and exposed me as a 'liar'.

Whatever, children. And lets not play the neg game eh, it's very boring.

At least it's made it easy to work out who to put on Ignore.