New Everton Stadium Discussion

City talk predicting

Land purchased
Finance details :

£350 million loan, LCC to act as guarentors. 4 million pound a year profit to LCC
Basic designs to be shown today

Over 30 years that is roughly 35% APR. In any world that is a bad number.

Saying that the money is going to the city so it can't be that bad I guess

If it was 35% apr we would be paying 120 million a year in repayments and whatever way you cut that, we won't be...

This was posted by someone (NeilW) on The Peoples' Forum - has more detail than I've been told. Obviously I can't vouch for it...

We will see but what I have been told tonight

Posted by neilw
invisible.gif
user_silhouette.png
on March 22, 2017, 10:56 pm, in reply to "Is it s P3 as I suggested yesterday ? nt"

Is that EFC are utilising LCC's access to cheaper funding with LCC acting as guarantor & picking up a fee from EFC equivalent of 1%,of the capital upfront and 0.25% annually which still means EFC accessing funds at c. 3-3.5% vs7-8% and at a fixed rate.

Having said this I do not know how the person who told me this would know so pinch off salt for now!

Think it will be the 'premium' we pay the council mate (the 1.2%), but then factor in the difference in getting the loan through their rates and having to go onto the open market for a loan and the savings will IMO be absolutely massive

Moshiri, with his vast amount of contacts and business brains, will have made sure that we have settled on the very best deal available to the club and the city. Maximise the capability of the club to compete during the construction seasons and give our City a heritage site to be proud of.

Exciting times.