New Everton Stadium Discussion

Working from home this morning, meeting in town 2-3 this afternoon.

If anyone sees anyone after 5pm windmilling in and around the pump house, up and down the Docks singing "and we'll hang the kopites one by one, on the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey"

... it's definitely not me :coffee:
Can we stop talking about the RS.
Makes us look small minded and petty.
This is our day let's concentrate on our future.
When we have won 6cl on the run and are playing in front of 80000 in our newly expanded stadium, then we can start to take the mick

Last edited by a moderator:

I love how the kopite narrative is how we are only doing this because of our jealousy of their new stand... like kings dock, Kirkby and Walton Hall never happened deluded beauts

That big stand is an eyesore and was built based on mid 90's construction blueprints.

I would be ashamed of the corner cutting if I was them, not trying to use it as something to be proud of.
Emperors New Clothes.
I am sure all their peers, with their newly constructed stadia, will be so jealous of that Meccano shed.

Capital £350m
"Interest" £4 per annum
£470m total payable
30 year term
= £15.7m per annum

That's ridiculously good value for money if true

The figure would i guess be able to be covered by a naming rights deal as well, effectively no impact on the playing side investment- such as happened at Arsenal, a stadium built effectively for us and paid for by the grounds sponsor...

NOW - the interesting part will come when exactly who the grounds sponsor is going to be is named...

What can you get, stadium wise, for £350m? Any comparative examples?

A lot depends on how we keep the construction costs and timeline as tight as possible, and avoid time and price drift.

Cost of steel will be a major component so hopefully something might be agreed with a major steel producer that is favourable to us!! :p

However, with Brexit, we may have to avoid buying materials from the Euro zone as sterling is likely to be quite unstable over the next few years.

You are right 4m is less than 1% however that is the premium we are paying lcc for being guarantors on the loan and not to do with the interest... but I could be wrong.

Think it will be the 'premium' we pay the council mate (the 1.2%), but then factor in the difference in getting the loan through their rates and having to go onto the open market for a loan and the savings will IMO be absolutely massive

The figure would i guess be able to be covered by a naming rights deal as well, effectively no impact on the playing side investment- such as happened at Arsenal, a stadium built effectively for us and paid for by the grounds sponsor...

NOW - the interesting part will come when exactly who the grounds sponsor is going to be is named...
Hmmm as someone else has just mentioned though, that £4m figure is probably just the "mark-up" that we are paying LCC for them getting us the preferential rates. If so our interest payable to the Pru will be higher. Interesting to see how much higher...

But if it frees up the Club's / Moshiri's capital and means we'll finally be able to buy Riquelme then I don't really care