New Everton Stadium Discussion

That's mostly because of the people who buy their seats. A large section of the City seats sold are bought by companies in Manchester or surrounding areas, who simply cant get tickets to United. A company will buy 2, 3, 4 season tickets and just leave them empty for the games they don't see as being a big draw for their clients. That's why they can say they've sold x number of tickets while its visibly empty. I know a few people/companies who do it.

A company I worked for had 6 season tickets at United, The Millenium Stadium, and Chelsea, (I think it was Chelsea)

A company I worked for had 6 season tickets at United, The Millenium Stadium, and Chelsea, (I think it was Chelsea)
If I were the owner of a large company. I would buy every available obstructed view at Goodison as season tickets, and force my employees to attend every home game.
come to think of it, that's quite a lot.

And probably left those empty for a good few games in a season. Maybe, sometimes allow an employee to sit in them.

If Everton get it right in terms of the move, they will keep the season ticket holders together if they wish. Maybe offer extra early access to seats in the new stadium that represent the same seat in Goodison. So that you can kind of retain your view and the community around you doesn't have to change as much as they have at the likes of Wham and City who just went all out for everybody renew and claim a seat in a FCFS manner. I like my seat because of who sits around me as much as anything, it shoull also help with the transference of atmosphere and security.

It would have to be in 3 stages.

1. Claim the equivalent seat
2. STH wanting to move to another area
3. New STH

@The Esk

Forgive my general ignorance with stadium (and doubtless, many other) matters.

What is the announcement expected to include?

That we have acquired the site and engaged the architects together with a reveal of the design and timeframe for completion?
All being dependent on planning permission, is that the proviso?

A bit of razzmatazz on the day would be a great PR exercise for the club. One would assume the regular communications staff would be involved but it's really an occasion where we would benefit from having this presented by a more polished host. They should make it as grand an occasion as possible with invited guests and media, and plenty of visuals for us all to swoon over.

i remember being told/ reading that issues between Elstone and Moshiri had been increased when Elstone said we would never fill a 60k stadium. Moshiri was furious. So if true that's the ballpark.

why is this small time fool still making a very good living from everton. feel sorry for the likes of yeovil when he rocks up there.