New Everton Stadium Discussion

opinion, with the money Mosh has, there should be compulsory purchase orders all over L4 and rebuild Goodison Park.

I love Goodison but I think it's race is run regardless of what is happening now at the docks.

I was an advocate of redevelopment in the early 2000's, adding a second tier to the park end, creating executive boxes under the street end/bullens to hold up the upper tiers thus removing the pillars, then replace the roof to a cantilevered type. That way we could have had 3 sides with no restricted views still with a 40k stadium. 15 years of nothingness and further ageing, along with new stadiums popping up showing what could be done at a new site haven't helped.

Yes they could buy up all the surrounding buildings and knock them down but then in my view it wouldn't be goodison anymore. Part of the appeal is that it's like stepping back in to the 1930's of how the stadium used to be a hub in community. I'd rather visit a monument that will undoubtedly be put up eventually to remember what it was like and then go off to the new one down by the banks of the royal blue Mersey.

I just thank God we got turned down for Kirkby!

You're right, it' not the Sewage Plant that smells, it's further up by Miller's Bridge which is miles away. People are flapping over nothing, the plant will probably be hidden by new swanky bars and restaurants anyway.

Yeah, it's the smell of Molasses from Tate and Lyle that I think people are confusing with sewage. Its not [Poor language removed] people, it's molten sugar.

Yeah, it's the smell of Molasses from Tate and Lyle that I think people are confusing with sewage. Its not [Poor language removed] people, it's molten sugar.
On many occasiona people have moaned to me about the distinctive scent near to the docks and I've mentioned that it's molasses.

That's often followed by a confusion look and a "What's molasses?". The sewage works isn't an issue.

On many occasiona people have moaned to me about the distinctive scent near to the docks and I've mentioned that it's molasses.

That's often followed by a confusion look and a "What's molasses?". The sewage works isn't an issue.

I think most people who live in Bootle/kirkdale and know the area are aware of it, but don't know what the smell is. If UU wasn't there, they would blame the Mersey, or Costco, or the Tai Pan, or that Heritage Chippy.

Yeah you are right mate. I worked on the Wellington Dock expansion of the plant, and there was no smell of sewage. Its cutting edge stuff nowadays, they just don't pump turds in the river anymore! Definitely the molasses though.

You're right, it' not the Sewage Plant that smells, it's further up by Miller's Bridge which is miles away. People are flapping over nothing, the plant will probably be hidden by new swanky bars and restaurants anyway.

This.
I posted ages ago that there was a terrible smell along there, but it wasn't the water treatment works at Sandon dock, it was up by Millers Bridge. Going past Sandon Dock you would never know a water works was there.

Who remembers that acrid smell of Higson's brewery in the 1970's? I used to get off the bus as a kid at Old Haymarket and nearly gag. That smell of molasses is quite a sweet smell. It definitely doesn't smell like shtie, well not like mine anyhow.

I was looking at my Higsons beer mat collection the other day!

That would take years and do you do you want to turf people out of their homes ?

Moshiri is just going to wait outside people's houses one-by-one with a bulldozer until they leave for work then BANG

Leaves a brown envelope full of money and a lifetime season ticket with a note "nothing will be the same - farhad"

once hes cleared enough room for a redevelopment of goodison he'll reveal that its all been a smokescreen and unveil THE MOLASSES STADIUM on the docks