New Everton Stadium Discussion

With a stadium on the docks, could their be any reason for legitimate public objections against us building there, like there was against the Kirkby stadium from the locals?

That is the key word. Objections need to be based on valid concerns which can be backed up by evidence.

If it is the north docks I would expect traffic, transport and parking to be the primary concerns.

No doubt people will try to latch on to the World Heritage issues and the impact on the nearby listed warehouses, but it could equally be argued that a stadium would be more in keeping with the massing and scale of the existing buildings than tall skyscrapers.

Brilliant post. I first came to the City because of Everton but now I love what the city has to offer nearly as much as the game itself. The chance to fully merge the Blues with the history of an iconic waterfront and city is a dream come true. I don't want some plastic village in the sticks, I want to enjoy the city, go the game and amble back to the cultural centre. Moshiri will make a mint out of delivering our dreams, that's why Im so confident it will happen.

Everton's stadium should be on the water front so when people see Everton they immediately associate us with Liverpool not that other lot who are tucked away in the back woods of the city. Ships of any description with their crew and passengers will see our stadium as they arrive in the port, let's reclaim the city for Everton.

I hear what you're saying but I'm not convinced that 20,000 non-matchgoers will suddenly become matchgoers. I would've hoped the club has done some research into potential attendance figures before building a stadium though.

I think we can aim and achieve that. Given better success and proper achievable pricing policy as I was saying there,s a lot of Evertonians out there. At least we should build a ground that has a facility to extend. To late if we build a 50,000 and it's sold out each week and that's it full stop.

Everton's stadium should be on the water front so when people see Everton they immediately associate us with Liverpool not that other lot who are tucked away in the back woods of the city. Ships of any description with their crew and passengers will see our stadium as they arrive in the port, let's reclaim the city for Everton.

Couldn't agree more - Love the plans for the Liver Buildings as well if we get it (fingers crossed)... Moshiri must have made a real impression on Anderson!!

IMG_3678.jpg

In the Council I work for an objection to a planning application has to be made in writing, that would rule most of the Kopites out. The weight the Council would give to the objections from those that can write would be limited as it is difficult to take letters written in crayon seriously.
lol lol

I think we can aim and achieve that. Given better success and proper achievable pricing policy as I was saying there,s a lot of Evertonians out there. At least we should build a ground that has a facility to extend. To late if we build a 50,000 and it's sold out each week and that's it full stop.

I think this is the best idea as if you go to high from day one there can be more room for objections because of the higher number of people who will be in the area at once, more traffic on the road...etc getting permission for a 60,000 im sure would be a lot harder then a 50,000.

Some interesting points from :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emirates_Stadium

Through the persuasion of estate agent and club property adviser Antony Spencer, Arsenal examined the feasibility of building a new stadium in Ashburton Grove in November 1999.

After passing the first significant milestone at the council's planning committee, Arsenal submitted their planning application for a new 60,000 seater stadium in November 2000.

Actual construction of the stadium began in February 2004.

The Emirates Stadium was officially opened by Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh on 26 October 2006.

So almost 7 years from identifying the site to the opening, 2 years said the boy Anderson.

LOL

Some interesting points from :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emirates_Stadium

Through the persuasion of estate agent and club property adviser Antony Spencer, Arsenal examined the feasibility of building a new stadium in Ashburton Grove in November 1999.

After passing the first significant milestone at the council's planning committee, Arsenal submitted their planning application for a new 60,000 seater stadium in November 2000.

Actual construction of the stadium began in February 2004.

The Emirates Stadium was officially opened by Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh on 26 October 2006.

So almost 7 years from identifying the site to the opening, 2 years said the boy Anderson.

LOL

The difference here is that -

It's not in (North) London,
It's on a site that either
a) the council want us to develop on, or
b) land that has already had planning permission granted for a development that UNESCO feels fundamentally alters the heritage of the city.

If Peel are willing to do business (they possibly should as there doesn't seem to be great momentum atm), then ?

The difference here is that -

It's not in (North) London,
It's on a site that either
a) the council want us to develop on, or
b) land that has already had planning permission granted for a development that UNESCO feels fundamentally alters the heritage of the city.

If Peel are willing to do business (they possibly should as there doesn't seem to be great momentum atm), then ?

It'll never be done in two years. He's speaking out of his hoop.