New Everton Stadium Discussion

Re: 2/ It is something to think about, how they'll avoid kettling the crowd through that wall as they all leave after the game. But I guess it's all been passed by planners etc. It's been a thought whenever i looked a the plans though, and seeing it built hasn't changed my mind so far.
I'd say no small part of it is keeping people in the ground.
as in,
" the exits are mobbed, I'll grab a drink or go to the club shop or one of the food trucks in the fan zone till it clears out a little.
There'll be an initial teething period while people get used to arriving and leaving the ground but it'll all level out

as in,
" the exits are mobbed, I'll grab a drink or go to the club shop or one of the food trucks in the fan zone till it clears out a little.
There'll be an initial teething period while people get used to arriving and leaving the ground but it'll all level out
I hope that's the case but you have to admit it looks like a nightmare.
When you leave Wembley and queue for the tube at least its a big wide open walkway. Looking at the site just gives me the heebie jeebies.
Imagine we get beat and nobody feels like hanging around (hardly a stretch!)... Big metal gates in a stone wall aren't gonna help.
I love the stadium though, so this is nit picking

as in,

We are good at staying in the ground though....

Some of you will know the US sports custom of hanging the (supersized) jerseys of retired great players from the rafters of their stadium or otherwise displaying their names around the stadium in a ‘Ring of Honour’. How would we feel about doing this at BMD to honour our Hall of Fame players? Big Nev guarding the home (North) goal. Dixie intimidating opposing defences rising high above the away (North) goal. Kendall, Harvey, Ball patrolling midfield. Thoughts?

Rather than read an Echo link, I'm going to assume there's a big long article recapping the overview that we are building stadium and that our name is Everton and we wear blue, before reading a sentence in the last paragraph saying that we will have a fanzone and that it will change the match-day experience for fans.

And a lot of annoying adverts giving your phone or laptop aids.

With no wall Dave what do we do for security of the stadium ?

We can put a cheap and nasty looking temporary fence like they do at festivals.

I think people against the wall just thrive off negativity for some sort of dopine or attention.

I think the wall looks great; it’s been there for years, all this talk about it being a wall to keep the poor people out over a century ago are not right in the head.

Some of you will know the US sports custom of hanging the (supersized) jerseys of retired great players from the rafters of their stadium or otherwise displaying their names around the stadium in a ‘Ring of Honour’. How would we feel about doing this at BMD to honour our Hall of Fame players? Big Nev guarding the home (North) goal. Dixie intimidating opposing defences rising high above the away (North) goal. Kendall, Harvey, Ball patrolling midfield. Thoughts?
It would be nice to see all those players you’ve mentioned recognised but my worry is that players from the last 28 years start creeping in

It would be nice to see all those players you’ve mentioned recognised but my worry is that players from the last 28 years start creeping in
And I'd be looking at the Dixie shirt... actually, everyone's shirt who played before the 1990s... and thinking "it's nice, I like it... but he didn't have his name on his shirt when he was playing."

Hibbert by the Biffa bins?