New Everton Stadium Discussion

5BA843CF-0215-42F0-A57E-39A02BFF1E07.jpeg

Not really any different from Goodison, Anfield or anywhere else now is it? There may be cursory checks but like the other poster said the Ticket Office is on the South East corner.
I think it's quite a bit different. Maybe the ticket office will work in a completely new way. Let's wait and see. Paper tickets will almost certainly be a thing of the past in a few years anyhow. But regards having to show your ticket at the dock wall to get to the fan zone on a match day I'm certain it was confirmed that would be the case. Just can't remember the source (as legit as it was) or where I read it.

The wall is an historic protected feature of the whole dock system , it will never be removed.
Another function I think it will serve is in major finals & functions it would be the first security check before entering the plaza & stadium.
Don't think there's another stadium that can supply this other than putting up a whole lot of temporary barriers with a huge police presence.
It's here to stay , and rightly so.

The wall is an historic protected feature of the whole dock system , it will never be removed.
Another function I think it will serve is in major finals & functions it would be the first security check before entering the plaza & stadium.
Don't think there's another stadium that can supply this other than putting up a whole lot of temporary barriers with a huge police presence.
It's here to stay , and rightly so.
Proper wall that. Don’t make them like that these days. Don’t know why people have a problem with it 🤷‍♂️

@The Esk wrote this a couple of days ago about the dock wall...

...something I concur with and spoke about a couple of years back.

He’s fully lost it hasn’t he.

Old man yells at wall. Both of them.

He’s fully lost it hasn’t he.

Old man yells at wall. Both of them.

People that don’t like the dock wall are the sort of people that walk around the Garden of Eden moaning about the lack of mobile reception.

The kind of people who watched Nelson Mandela walk to freedom, and said ‘Is Diagnosis: Murder not on the other side?'

Without a wall, it's not possible to have a proper fan zone. The area would be swamped. You have to show your ticket at the dock wall to get to the fan zone on a match day. Also, no dock wall and it's not possible to use the fan zone for non football events like smaller concerts, exhibitions etc.
That's just a licensing issue that can easily be solved at civic level.

It also creates a control point to allow us to be able to make that space work harder for us commercially.

How do other stadiums without a wall around it manage their events?

I don't think I'm the only one who'll have gone past the new stadium site and felt a sense of frustration at just how much of it can seen from Regent Road.

And to think that we and the rest of the population won't be able to walk around the stadium on a casual basis as and when we want as we can with Goodiosn now is going to be a real turn off.

I know they are Grade II listed, but I don't see those walls lasting. They are an encumbrance to what should be a civic asset and a tourist destination if people have to have get a ticket just to wander on the concourse.

How do other stadiums without a wall around it manage their events?

I don't think I'm the only one who'll have gone past the new stadium site and felt a sense of frustration at just how much of it can seen from Regent Road.

And to think that we and the rest of the population won't be able to walk around the stadium on a casual basis as and when we want as we can with Goodiosn now is going to be a real turn off.

I know they are Grade II listed, but I don't see those walls lasting. They are an encumbrance to what should be a civic asset and a tourist destination if people have to have get a ticket just to wander on the concourse.
I think you will be able to wonder around the stadium on none match days because the Everton shop will be there.