New Everton Stadium Discussion

They need a good surplus in demand to have at least some leverage in their ticket pricing strategy. At £10-15k per seat build-costs, we can't afford to simply "stack'em high and sell'em cheap." The more you build, the more it costs per seat. Any new capacity has to pay for itself at some point. So 53k is possibly nearer that sweetspot, where supply/demand meets to offer the revenue levels they need.

Tbf I know 9 people on the waiting list and only 1 can be @rsed spending his doe to go the match now and I highly doubt any of the others will spend 8-9 ton if they get offered a season ticket at BMD
I would imagine that the 8 people would be on tier 2 of the list. If they dont want to spend doh on going to games then its highly unlikely they are paid up members and therefore extremely unlikely they would ever be offered a ST.

Sold short by a combination of Meis and Moshiri.

Meis knew damn well from the stadium presentation meetings he attended/held in St.Lukes that there was demand for a capacity of 60,000+ but, 'sold' the club the notion that a smaller capacity would guarantee ticket demand would be fulfilled.

Moshiri, even before the Russians invaded Ukraine to cock-up the USM naming rights deal etc etc, insisted that the stadium be built 'to a budget' - and that budget went straight down the toilet the moment Putin ordered his troops over the border and the West sanctioned Usmanov and all the other Putin arselicking oligarchs and their business empires.

Not just this Andy.

Not my intention to slag anyone off but Meis doubled down on this notion of the last tickets to be sold were the most expensive or something along those lines ( which others seem to be happy to quote).

Also that 'size envy' quote. Sort of pushing for a smaller stadium because of this and because of that.

Even Meis himself has been the architect of far larger Yankie stadiums.

I said right from the off it should be 65,000 because it would make a statement. But now we have other clubs within reach or trying to get even bigger.

Our shiny new home will be in a great setting but it will not be the biggest by any means.

Cue the size of one's member shouts !

Not just this Andy.

Not my intention to slag anyone off but Meis doubled down on this notion of the last tickets to be sold were the most expensive or something along those lines ( which others seem to be happy to quote).

Also that 'size envy' quote. Sort of pushing for a smaller stadium because of this and because of that.

Even Meis himself has been the architect of far larger Yankie stadiums.

I said right from the off it should be 65,000 because it would make a statement. But now we have other clubs within reach or trying to get even bigger.

Our shiny new home will be in a great setting but it will not be the biggest by any means.

Cue the size of one's member shouts !
It’s going to be a smaller capacity that Old Trafford, analfield, the Etihad, the Emirates, new White Hart Lane, the London Stadium… and if Chelsea ever redevelop Stamford Bridge, that too will be bigger.

And that’s before anybody redevelops or relocates to bigger capacities than 53,000.

Had an email offering 'seasonal membership' where they offer some sort of food and drink, and a seat near the half way line. Any idea what they're asking for these, and do you pay up front for them??

It’s going to be a smaller capacity that Old Trafford, analfield, the Etihad, the Emirates, new White Hart Lane, the London Stadium… and if Chelsea ever redevelop Stamford Bridge, that too will be bigger.

And that’s before anybody redevelops or relocates to bigger capacities than 53,000.

I really don’t care about the capacities of stadiums at other clubs as it’s not a peeing competition but BMD should have been bigger.

For me 58k capacity would have been about right and don’t wants games with thousands of unsold tickets or seats. Bigger capacity does not equate to better stadiums just bigger ones.

Shouts of 65k to make a statement? Can someone tell me what that statement is supposed to say ?

All a bit juvenile to me

Had an email offering 'seasonal membership' where they offer some sort of food and drink, and a seat near the half way line. Any idea what they're asking for these, and do you pay up front for them??
I think the ones that are left are upwards of £2k per season(?) and you have to commit to 3 years with an upfront payment. I also believe that if you wanted to drop the hospitality after 3 years, you also forfeit your season ticket. Basically you can’t downgrade. Others may be able to confirm or deny that last bit.

I really don’t care about the capacities of stadiums at other clubs as it’s not a peeing competition but BMD should have been bigger.

For me 58k capacity would have been about right and don’t wants games with thousands of unsold tickets or seats. Bigger capacity does not equate to better stadiums just bigger ones.

Shouts of 65k to make a statement? Can someone tell me what that statement is supposed to say ?

All a bit juvenile to me
With 32,000 ST holders now and an estimated 30,000 or more on the potential waiting list… if all those were covered, you still need circa 3,000 for away fans and circa 3,000 for non ST purchasers.

I for one think the 61,878 as originally suggested by @tommye would have been an ideal capacity… and Meis was fully aware of the positive feeling towards that number.