New Everton Stadium Discussion

Is that what was the G-Mex?

I'm not an expert on this so is the Co-Op to replace it?
Not entirely sure but I believe the G-Mex became the MEN Arena and is now the AO arena which is where they have shifted some of the cancelled gigs from the Co-op Live Arena.

Not sure whether Co-op Live Arena is supposed to be a long term replacement for AO Arena 🤷‍♂️

Not entirely sure but I believe the G-Mex became the MEN Arena and is now the AO arena which is where they have shifted some of the cancelled gigs from yhe Co-op Live Arena.

Not sure whether Co-op Live Arena is supposed to be a long term replacement for AO Arena 🤷‍♂️
No, the G-MEX is now Manchester Central, unless they've renamed it again. Manchester has three arenas now.

Is that what was the G-Mex?

I'm not an expert on this so is the Co-Op to replace it?
Ah no I meant the AO Arena (formerly Nynex and then MEN Arena), which is built over/around Victoria Station.

The G-Mex is more of a warehouse style events space nowadays, no permanent arena-style seats

Co-Op is supposed to compete with the AO, but the AO does seem dated nowadays and sound-wise isn't always great (and still has some connotations/worries for some people after the bombing in 2017). But then it does have location on its side being central whereas Co-Op is by Man City so a bit out. Will be interesting where it goes!

Not entirely sure but I believe the G-Mex became the MEN Arena and is now the AO arena which is where they have shifted some of the cancelled gigs from the Co-op Live Arena.

G Mex was somewhere completely different, think it was an old Art Deco railway station, very similar to Lime St.

Not sure what it is now, but the MEN is across the city.

Saw one of the best gigs of my life there - Depeche Mode Devotional Tour in 1993.

* edit, see above post 👍

G Mex was somewhere completely different, think it was an old Art Deco railway station, very similar to Lime St.

Not sure what it is now, but the MEN is across the city.

Saw one of the best gigs of my life there - Depeche Mode Devotional Tour in 1993.

* edit, see above post 👍
G-Mex was the old Manchester Central Station, behind the Midland Hotel.
The AO Arena, formerly the MEN/Nynex, is on the site of Victoria Station