New Everton Stadium Discussion

Anyone who thinks this stadium is going to suddenly bring in foreign tourists are deluding themselves.

No one is going to buy a tourist package to see a club fighting relegation and getting beat at home to Luton ect.

The club needs to build a successful reputation on the pitch first.
I think it will bring some in. Not in any huge numbers, though. The major uplift will be in ordinary supporters spending money on booze and food in a bigger, modern stadium with great facilities.

Anyone who thinks this stadium is going to suddenly bring in foreign tourists are deluding themselves.

No one is going to buy a tourist package to see a club fighting relegation and getting beat at home to Luton ect.

I will. Waiting for the new stadium to be done before I travel again.

The only way we can do that is being increasing revenue. Goodison brings in around £750k per match. You’re looking at around £2 million per game with the new stadium. That’s a massive jump. I think its inevitable ticket prices will go up. That’s just what happens when you move into something new.
Even if we go down, the stadium will still sell out. Away fans will sell out as it’s a new stadium and we’d probably be the biggest team in the Championship.

The only way we can do that is being increasing revenue. Goodison brings in around £750k per match. You’re looking at around £2 million per game with the new stadium. That’s a massive jump. I think its inevitable ticket prices will go up. That’s just what happens when you move into something new.
Even if we go down, the stadium will still sell out. Away fans will sell out as it’s a new stadium and we’d probably be the biggest team in the Championship.

Whilst I agree with the point. If 777 get their hands on the club they will load it with debt and any additional revenue brought on by BMD will be negated by loan and interest payments.

Am a pensioner and ST for me is now £410 throughout the ground. Am expecting 777 to look for a comparison of same ST at Liverpool which slightly varies in areas which are over £600.

i know i keep banging the drum but im worried about everything else more

will we even finish it? own it?

Just know we are in this situation because we had one of the biggest fanbases in the country but our owners chose to mess around and not expand Goodison or move to try and keep up. That left us at the mercy of needing handouts to afford players or in some years not buy them at all.

First thing's first it will be finished. Will we own it is another question.

There are three ways it can go. We can limp along until it's ready and hope the ownership gets sorted and they can refinance the stadium to move forward from that point wherever we are.

We go into administration or are in deep enough that the stadium is sold or part sold and we have to lease it. Depending on the costs we might see some benefit, probably not as much, but we get to play in a modern stadium with the amenities that go with that.

We go totally bust and the club ceases to be.

Any of those options is better than limping along where we are. So why worry.

No way the new stadium sells out in the championship in my opinion.

Am a pensioner and ST for me is now £410 throughout the ground. Am expecting 777 to look for a comparison of same ST at Liverpool which slightly varies in areas which are over £600.

£600 is fair though ?