New Everton Stadium Discussion

For anyone questioning whether we have a fanbase capable of selling out in the 2nd Tier. The last time we were down there we were getting the 4th highest crowds in the country and dwarfing the rest of the clubs down there.

Now I appreciate times have moved on and maybe other clubs fanbases have changed dramatically due to various reasons.

But ours have shown this past number of years that we still turn up in big numbers regardless of how we are performing. Every Home and Away sells out and we currently have a 34K waiting list for Season Tickets.

Our match going fanbase is one of the best in the country.

Screenshot_20240418-115422.png

Last edited:
Then you know absolutely nothing about Everton fans which shocks no one.

Pack it in with the personal attacks. I've been going to goodison religiously since the early 90s and I well remember matches before the age of sexy sky sports when we'd struggle like hell to come close to filling the old girl.

No chance a wet Tuesday night home to Rotherham or the like sells out. Likewise with us in the championship we'd be the big draw so our games would get moved all over the place for TV.

Pack it in with the personal attacks. I've been going to goodison religiously since the early 90s and I well remember matches before the age of sexy sky sports when we'd struggle like hell to come close to filling the old girl.

No chance a wet Tuesday night home to Rotherham or the like sells out. Likewise with us in the championship we'd be the big draw so our games would get moved all over the place for TV.

I mean, have you really?

We have no foreign cohort like across the park filling our stands and we have always had a massive waiting list for tickets.

We follow Everton, not the PL.

We see you for what you are.

I mean, have you really?

We have no foreign cohort like across the park filling our stands and we have always had a massive waiting list for tickets.

We follow Everton, not the PL.

We see you for what you are.

You're an absolute joke pal.

You know nothing clearly. In the 90s and around 2000 we never sold out apart from the RS, United and the Christmas/New Year game. And all but a handful of cup games were a cinch to get a ticket for. That's a fact lad.

You're an absolute joke pal.

You know nothing clearly. In the 90s and around 2000 we never sold out apart from the RS, United and the Christmas/New Year game. And all but a handful of cup games were a cinch to get a ticket for. That's a fact lad.

Why are you talking about what happened 30 years ago?

100 years ago we saw an attendance of nearly 130k in Wembley.

Are we currently selling games out despite back-to-back-back relegation fights and horrible football?

Why are you talking about what happened 30 years ago?

100 years ago we saw an attendance of nearly 130k in Wembley.

Are we currently selling games out despite back-to-back-back relegation fights and horrible football?

I was responded to your comment on the 90s mate. I'm not bothered about Wembley. We will struggle for attendances in the championship is all I'm saying.

I was responded to your comment on the 90s mate. I'm not bothered about Wembley. We will struggle for attendances in the championship is all I'm saying.

YOU brought up the 90's in the first place you complete flute.

We currently sell out our stadium despite being utterly crap, we don't have a massive chunk of foreign-PL only fans travelling over to us, we will sell out regardless of the division because we are Everton fans, not PL fans.

The only fans I would hope it would stop attending are the newfound cohort of Irish-Evertonians like yourself that should just go back to being the kopites they're desperately trying to be.

YOU brought up the 90's in the first place you complete flute.

We currently sell out our stadium despite being utterly crap, we don't have a massive chunk of foreign-PL only fans travelling over to us, we will sell out regardless of the division because we are Everton fans, not PL fans.

The only fans I would hope it would stop attending are the newfound cohort of Irish-Evertonians like yourself that should just go back to being the kopites they're desperately trying to be.

New found cohort of Irish fans?!?!

Really? Reported this for the absolutely unacceptable comment it is.

We've participated in every season of the Premier League and our finances have never been worse.
I know, I mean that relegation now hurts us immeasurably more than it would have done back in the 50s due to the dire state of our finances and the fact we've got the stadium to pay for.

For anyone questioning whether we have a fanbase capable of selling out in the 2nd Tier. The last time we were down there we were getting the 4th highest crowds in the country and dwarfing the rest of the clubs down there.

Now I appreciate times have moved on and maybe other clubs fanbases have changed dramatically due to various reasons.

But ours have shown this past number of years that we still turn up in big numbers regardless of how we are performing. Every Home and Away sells out and we currently have a 34K waiting list for Season Tickets.

Our match going fanbase is one of the best in the country.

View attachment 253345
Or perhaps we are the most deluded...ticket revenue keeps rolling into the club irrespective of whether we play any sort of attractive football.