New Everton Stadium Discussion

Do you think the

Do you think the club tried to offer the sewerage plant money to try and get that strip of land off them, would have made a huge difference.

Speaking to people working on the site in the early stages, united utilities actually tried to stop the project or objected to the current design or something.

Is there any particular reason we’ve discounted rail seating as an option for the South Stand at a time when the other teams are going all in on this?

Are we simply holding on and waiting for the English safe standing guidance to move beyond one standing fan per seat as per German regs? I’d love to stand at BMD from the start. Do we know if and when the regs may change?

I wonder if the last card to play is waiting on some brand to step in and push for a naming deal for the new ground. Think something like an airline or a company like Enron. It's going to be trump isn't it. Getting a heavyweight liar like him in to bamboozle the accountants will at least be a source of amusement.

Is there any particular reason we’ve discounted rail seating as an option for the South Stand at a time when the other teams are going all in on this?

Are we simply holding on and waiting for the English safe standing guidance to move beyond one standing fan per seat as per German regs? I’d love to stand at BMD from the start. Do we know if and when the regs may change?

We haven't discounted it as far as I am aware. The lower section below the super riser will have it installed from the get go.

I read very recently that two very rich guys to whom Moshiri owes hem a great deal of money and who put in millions to help finance the construction of BMD offered to help the club out of it's finance problems they had a plan. Their plan was forgo on the repayment of the debts if BMD was signed over to them and the club would be tenants. They would open the stadium for other events in addition to football.

What does anyone think on that ?
Keep seeing stuff about this and particularly how it could be beneficial for increased, non footballing revenue, but surely that’s at the whim of the landlords? Ie they would be well within their rights to lease it to us for football only and host their own concerts etc with nothing going to EFC id have thought.
Equally we could negotiate a lease where we have sole use to do with as we please, but i suspect any offer from the two rich evertonians will have some upside for them (other than being able to say they own the ground)

Keep seeing stuff about this and particularly how it could be beneficial for increased, non footballing revenue, but surely that’s at the whim of the landlords? Ie they would be well within their rights to lease it to us for football only and host their own concerts etc with nothing going to EFC id have thought.
Equally we could negotiate a lease where we have sole use to do with as we please, but i suspect any offer from the two rich evertonians will have some upside for them (other than being able to say they own the ground)
Not sure why anyone would think that by selling to them we would then only be able to capitalise on non-football related revenue.

That has been the plan all along. We have planning permission for a certain number of non-football related events i.e. concerts each year. The club were also going to be looking at smaller events using the fan plaza only along with hiring out of meeting rooms, weddings, other parties etc etc.

It's nothing new, we would be doing that anyway.

I'm also sceptical that the thing is true anyway, particularly for the numbers quoted. They would need to write off their existing debt, cover the remaining stadium financing along with any other stadium debt that we've occured i.e. through using the R&M Facility. Do Bell & Downing have access to that sort of money/ financing?

I wonder if the last card to play is waiting on some brand to step in and push for a naming deal for the new ground. Think something like an airline or a company like Enron. It's going to be trump isn't it. Getting a heavyweight liar like him in to bamboozle the accountants will at least be a source of amusement.

I would be amazed if we had anyone to sponsor us, our board are clueless and I don't think they've improved since Kenwright left, hope I'm wrong.