New Everton Stadium Discussion

Grass apparently going in within the next two months, seems mad given that we aren't playing there for another 16-odd months, but anyway that's a good sign that it's all on track.

Excited to see the developments outside of the ground soon in the fan area and the side with the steps by the river, whatever that stand is to be called.

That's exactly what I thought too when the headline said May. In the article it said the process is scheduled to take 20 weeks which would put the grass going in Oct/Nov.

No offence mate, but I've posted earlier in here that the Travel & Transport data in the Planning Application has stated that there won't be an issue. I'd trust the work that they have undertaken over some measurements of the surrounding road network and comparison to narrow streets around Goodison.

The biggest issue identified with pedestrian movement was around the stadium itself and through the dock wall, particularly if the stadium had to empty in an emergency situation. However, it specifically states in the planning documentation that this was modelled and determined to be acceptable.

Worth pointing out that the size and number of access points in the dock wall will in itself limit the flow of pedestrians onto the road network. That and the time it will take for supporters to empty the stadium is also a major consideration. 53,000 people don't suddenly appear on Regent Road at the same time.

I'd recommend reading the relevant reports submitted at planning if you're that concerned.
No offence taken . It is a discussion on a fans forum. Nothing personal said. I hope you and the modelling are correct .

My guess is they’re bright for now but over a period of time the elements will make them more to match the surrounding warehousing and expose the AL more clearly.
Thats what i think. Weathering. That one panel may be a test panel of some description so already a the patterened bricks are a bit darker. I think time will improve the other panels and also maybe already looks better close up with human eyes rather than drone camera.
I think if it was to obvious it could look bad, so i guess its a fine line to walk as i prefer it to be subtle.

Just for debating purposes in regards to crowds dispersing from BMD.
Aintree racecourse has a capacity of 75000, only one route out and 1 train station which by all accounts copes quite well
Thoughts?

It's usually pandemonium Baz. The main difference between the National and most football grounds is that it is a major annual event that people travel to from all over the country. For special occasions people will generally tolerate far more inconvenience than they will for their weekly fix. This was one of the main criticisms of Kirkby, which the club and knowsley Council were insistent that it was going to be the most accessible stadiums in the country.

The Key selling point for BMD is not its waterfront location, but the proximity to the city centre and all its public transport hubs and services...... but only if the obvious logistical gap is shortened.

Grass apparently going in within the next two months, seems mad given that we aren't playing there for another 16-odd months, but anyway that's a good sign that it's all on track.

Excited to see the developments outside of the ground soon in the fan area and the side with the steps by the river, whatever that stand is to be called.
not grass yet but work on the under pitch structure and services

Grass needs time to bed in and start growing naturally. The longer it is in situ the better the playing surface will be.

The grass is only the top layer of the pitch.

Plenty of work to do - under soil heating, drainage and irrigation considerations, sand and gravel substrates - before the grass goes down.

No offence taken . It is a discussion on a fans forum. Nothing personal said. I hope you and the modelling are correct .
No modelling is perfect and i'm sure there will be adjustments to things once the stadium is operational but i'm confident there won't be much if any difference compared to Goodison. Once there is a designated route from the stadium through Liverpool Waters, that will also help with the movement of supporters to/from from the stadium.

It's usually pandemonium Baz. The main difference between the National and most football grounds is that it is a major annual event that people travel to from all over the country. For special occasions people will generally tolerate far more inconvenience than they will for their weekly fix. This was one of the main criticisms of Kirkby, which the club and knowsley Council were insistent that it was going to be the most accessible stadiums in the country.

The Key selling point for BMD is not its waterfront location, but the proximity to the city centre and all its public transport hubs and services...... but only if the obvious logistical gap is shortened.
It is more than an annual event but it’s not weekly either. Regardless hopefully for the future of our club with All the facilities on site people will stagger their journey home and spend more. Having attended lounges at GP staying that extra 30 minutes makes a huge difference to the journey home.

Will this be the same as all the upper tier seats will be in by Xmas..... Why do they bother publishing these targets They do the pitch when they do the pitch. If they dont start till June, everyone moaning that its behind schedule. More pointless noise.
To be perfectly honest, I'm still sceptical that it will all be completed ready for handover come the end of the year. There is still an awful lot to do within the next 9 months.

The alterations to the seat installation programme is a prime example of a delay affecting the programme in my opinion. They have clearly had to change things around due to the ongoing roof works directly above where the seats are being installed.

Now, this might not effect the overall programme and completion date but I'd expect more of this 'juggling' over the coming months due to the sheer amount of work that needs to be done.