New Everton Stadium Discussion

That doesn't square with voting for Kings Dock and spending several thousand pounds of my own money just on a transport study for a stadium on central docks area before anyone had even heard of BMD, does it?

I'm sorry, but you cannot claim to speak for me! My post regards GP were responses to the mistaken assertions that it could not be redeveloped or that it would be more expensive than BMD. I'd say my reservations regarding BMDs financial model have been more than vindicated.

If you don't mind me asking Tom, may I ask why you spent thousands of pounds of your own money on a transport study for a stadium?

If the results came back and said yes it was feasible (I don't know if they did or didn’t) what was your plans then? If they said no it wasn't feasible, what did you have in mind?

If you don't mind me asking Tom, may I ask why you spent thousands of pounds of your own money on a transport study for a stadium?

If the results came back and said yes it was feasible (I don't know if they did or didn’t) what was your plans then? If they said no it wasn't feasible, what did you have in mind?

KEIOC were looking at alternative sites around the time of Destination Kirkby. One of those was within and another near the Liverpool waters scheme. I knew people who had access to all the logistical data for the city because we had worked together on the Merseytram project, so I got it modelled. I knew there were obvious issues with any waterfront site and wanted to know how viable that option was from a logistical point because I was hopeful that Peel could be attracted by a catalyst development for their site. As it worked out, they weren’t at that time for that particular dock (not BMD).

KEIOC were looking at alternative sites around the time of Destination Kirkby. One of those was within and another near the Liverpool waters scheme. I knew people who had access to all the logistical data for the city because we had worked together on the Merseytram project, so I got it modelled. I knew there were obvious issues with any waterfront site and wanted to know how viable that option was from a logistical point because I was hopeful that Peel could be attracted by a catalyst development for their site. As it worked out, they weren’t at that time for that particular dock (not BMD).
I mentioned a week or so back that I can envisage difficulties in 53k dispersing from BMD due to the very limited road network, and those being single carriageway. That seemed obvious having been to the site and a cursory view of Google maps. I am not negative about moving, I am very excited about it and can't wait, but any discussion other than isn't everything great to some seems to be committing some sort of treason. I remember at the time you answered by saying something like in the planning it was a bit of let's do it & hope it works out( not a quote). You from this last post seem to have more knowledge than my there obviously seems to be logistical problems ahead. Please say what you think will happen after the first game....unless some sort of rabbit is pulled out of the transport hat

Interesting that on that 4th panel the Archibald leitch pattern was very visible. I wonder if they'll just need a good scrub and they'll all be a lot more visible like that one
Knowing our luck / the way the club operates, there’s be an announcement in 6 months to say all the other panels had the bricks fixed back to front but were going to ‘go with what we’ve got’ rather than fix it.

What were the main cost drivers for this?

Interesting that on that 4th panel the Archibald leitch pattern was very visible. I wonder if they'll just need a good scrub and they'll all be a lot more visible like that one

My guess is they’re bright for now but over a period of time the elements will make them more to match the surrounding warehousing and expose the AL more clearly.

My guess is they’re bright for now but over a period of time the elements will make them more to match the surrounding warehousing and expose the AL more clearly.

I was please to see the one panel clearly show the pattern as it shows it's at least there. I've never been a fan of the cladding from the start, I think it looks cheap so I'm hoping the look (and pattern) becomes a lot more visible in the coming months.

Lots of dust and first around the site due to it being an ongoing building site, so I reckon a few of them will be quite dirty.

I was please to see the one panel clearly show the pattern as it shows it's at least there. I've never been a fan of the cladding from the start, I think it looks cheap so I'm hoping the look (and pattern) becomes a lot more visible in the coming months.

Lots of dust and first around the site due to it being an ongoing building site, so I reckon a few of them will be quite dirty.

Yeah but I firmly believe they will get darker and look more natural. They are made from actual brick though.