New Everton Stadium Discussion

Yet Liverpool have over 60 themselves and want more, Spurs have 80 super suites boxes and Arsenal over 120 boxes? Yes, there are a whole range of other options needed too, but no-one has opted for just 22 boxes... especially when you really need the high end corporate to increase those matchday revenues to help shorten ROI and keep GA ticket prices at reasonable levels.
Quick search online:
New Everton stadium 448 box seats
Emirates stadium 500 box seats

Yes, the north end is a considerable space as well, i was hoping that might at least be concourse, but by the lack of exits to the stands it seems not. The view from there isnt the best, but would make a good space for a gallery or something like you say.

The south end though is just baffling. Someone mentioned the slope, but based on the other other engineering factors around the site, id imagine that 1 would be minimal. Views from there would be great.

The gaps between the cladding and the main building in the east stand are really noticeable, surely they can do something with that.
1000026878.jpg

The north end space is very small, not really useful at all I would say

1000026879.jpg

You can see the slope is quite pronounced in the south roof, but it's well sheltered and not really needed for water runoff. I think this is a choice where external aesthetics are valued more than the extra space. That single floor concourse jutting out looks good in my opinion.

Yet Liverpool have over 60 themselves and want more, Spurs have 80 super suites boxes and Arsenal over 120 boxes? Yes, there are a whole range of other options needed too, but no-one has opted for just 22 boxes... especially when you really need the high end corporate to increase those matchday revenues to help shorten ROI and keep GA ticket prices at reasonable levels.
When I signed up for the Trinity Bar experience in the East Stand , the guy who dealt with us said that boxes were out dated. He said people didn't want to be behind glass anymore,all the feed back they got was people wanted the high end corporate experience which sold out immediately.

When I signed up for the Trinity Bar experience in the East Stand , the guy who dealt with us said that boxes were out dated. He said people didn't want to be behind glass anymore,all the feed back they got was people wanted the high end corporate experience which sold out immediately.

They did research into what the fans want and what would give the best, most valuable experience for the fans whilst maximising commercial returns? Surely not.

Box seats are not necessarily behind glass anymore. Most have a seated balcony in front of the glass too. Boxes are still very much the top corporate option for most companies. In some stadia they are also convertible to hotel rooms for non-matchdays. Loge seats are the new thing for wealthy individuals who perhaps don't want a whole box.

Box seats are not necessarily behind glass anymore. Most have a seated balcony in front of the glass too. Boxes are still very much the top corporate option for most companies. In some stadia they are also convertible to hotel rooms for non-matchdays. Loge seats are the new thing for wealthy individuals who perhaps don't want a whole box.

Hotel rooms are a no go. The room ends up smelling of ale and carpet stains.

As mentioned there’s a reason Arsenal got rid of their boxes in the lower tier.

On a side note this made me laugh.

Imagine getting violent because staff wouldn’t slice the loaf of bread you’ve brought in.

Also, why bring a loaf of bread to a corporate box?

It’s all about total revenue.

I imagine you get more paying punters per square metre with our approach than you do with old style boxes. The cost is also divisible to the individual level, rather than a single entity having to foot the bill for a whole box.

They have put so much thought into this stadium.

They hired experts to run the numbers, and I trust those over what’s scribbled together by the average fan.

They have put so much thought into this stadium.

They hired experts to run the numbers, and I trust those over what’s scribbled together by the average fan.

The problem is, all that thought went in in 2017-2019 when they expected the design to cost £350m -to £500m. We now seem to be £800m deep with another 10+ months of construction to follow.

The debate of box versus other corporate provision is a bit of a moot point. It's the total corporate provision that is the issue.

Had they known at the point of design what this would actually end up costing then they either wouldn't of started or they would have factored in higher capacity for both general admission and the corporates.

The elephant in the room is the question of whether this stadium will now even wash it's own face (i.e cover construction and interest on the capital), let alone leave us in a significantly better place to compete financially.