New Everton Stadium Discussion

Yup, hope the first big televised game is at night too. Looks so much better with all the lights with blue lasers between the Liver Building and the stadium and cruise ships lit up etc.

I love going past the stadium at night. Not sure if the LED lights lighting it up now are permanent or just a part of the construction process.

Just reminded me of something. Essentially there will be 2 first games there, a day time kick off and a night time one. Both will be huge events. I think the night time one will be even more spectacular. Maybe we'll have to play 3/4 at the new place in the daylight first so people can find their way around the stadium safely during a night game?
Good chance are first game will come in August early Sep ? Still light till 930 ish

@Tom Hughes

Long shot Tom but do you know what the terrace gradients for the Juventus stadium are?

According to Vice.com:

The biggest stadiums on the continent tend to be a lot steeper than in Britain. This prevents the atmosphere from escaping out the top, and keeps fans closer to the pitch. According to Reeves, the San Siro's upper tier is as steep as 40 degrees in places. Camp Nou, the Bernabeu, Mestalla and Juventus Stadium are all similarly steep.

I'm away at the moment, but remember looking at cross sections a while ago. I think the upper tier is approx 37-38° and the bottom tier starts approx 32° then after about 15+ rows, rake goes up to approx 34-36°.
Thanks for that

(For when you get home)

What is the rake of the top balcony?
What is the rake in the new stadium and is it different between the upper and lower tiers?

Thanks for that

(For when you get home)

What is the rake of the top balcony?
What is the rake in the new stadium and is it different between the upper and lower tiers?
The Top Balcony is 38 degrees. Not allowed to build that steep in this country anymore.

I think the upper Tiers at BMD are 35/36 degrees. Not sure about the lower tiers.

The whole stadium looks very steep in the flesh though, the South stand especially.

They just did a fluff piece on BBC breakfast about Utd's stadium conundrum.
They showed pictures of Spurs new stadium, City's and Arsenal and even the RS scabby loft conversion in relation to them needing a new state of the art ground.
No mention of our state of the art new stadium in the mix.
So when was it we got officially erased from existence?
Thirty years if non competing will do that