New Everton Stadium Discussion

how many of wham's are free/very reduced cost tickets though? I know they'll claw some of that back via in stadium sales but it may not be comparing like for like with us with no giveaway tickets
Quite a lot. Said it before that Wham and Citeh give thousands of tickets to schools etc and those free tickets are classed as sold and attended even if they don't turn up. They don't do the count at the turnstiles they count tickets, season tickets . Hence scattered empty seats around the ground yet declared as full capacity

I think the majority of supporters will be heading down Boundary st. On foot.
You make a good point. Regards Soccerbuses, the most obvious route is one from the Rotunda down the hill to the new ground. It would be popular with fans whose normal bus route stops heading north and south on 3 main routes into and out of the city. The roads being Stanley Road, Scotland Road and Great Homer Street. I did a count of the number of bus routes that stop nearby a while back. I can't remember the exact number but it was over 20. It would cut out a 15 minute walk and would save you a soaking when the weather is bad. They should have them lining up and make them free. Same on the way back. The bus stop I have in mind is located on Boundary Street, between Stanley Road and Scotland Road.

Is this still the design for west stand in respect to the steps? At the moment only one side of the platform bit is in place. Is that a new design?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-07-14-37-18-885_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-07-14-37-18-885_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 11
Is this still the design for west stand in respect to the steps? At the moment only one side of the platform bit is in place. Is that a new design?

Yes it's still the same. Only one side has been done as they're.atill working on other stuff ground level of the other side.

Not too sure if those glass holes are still going to be there though where.you could look down inside the tunnel

Read the post, I never said I wouldn’t pay GP prices, I said I don’t use the facilities because I do not want to queue.

I watch lots of supporters leaving ten minutes before half time just to stand any chance of getting a drink at H/T.

Iwill for sure gibe BMD an opportunity to get my custom, but at an affordable cost and in fitting with what I want and nothing else.

For too long Everton have not really appreciated their supporters and my loyalty lies within watching my team then going home as for too long they have allowed me to do that without attempt to tempt me to to stay.

The choice is now mine, whether I choose to drink at BMD or go back to my local.
But you also said "the goods on sale are to dear".
My point being Bmd will definitely be more expensive, nothing more certain

I'm sure I read somewhere, some pubs by Spurs new place lowered their prices to be competitive with those inside the ground. Anybody know if this is a fact?
Yes got friends who are STH at the new Spurs ground. I can't remember the exact price but they told me about the pie&pint offer was something like 6 quid - cheaper than drinks alone in local pubs there. That particular offer might be before a certain time etc but these lads were suggesting the food and drink offer was much better value than before at WHL. EFC would be foolhardy to not offer something along the same lines as otherwise they won't tempt skinflints like me to change current habits from getting drinks/food from places outside the ground.

I think most sporting stadia want to sell their 'produce' at prices which are beneficial to them, gets a profit but at the same time doesn't encourage fans to over imbibe which, given our H&S conscious society nowadays, may lead to problems further down the road...or on match days.

Let's be honest, given the dross served up on the pitch in recent seasons I'm surprised more Blues don't spend their time on the concourse getting a-hold!

That's the difference. The public transport at most major London clubs is far higher capacity than what is currently on offer at BMD, and much of it is mass rapid transit. That's why the public transport usage at those grounds is often 95%+. According to our transport plan, BMD requires a substantial shift away from car use. Currently only 40% use public transport at GP, despite have multiple bus routes on its doorstep and several access points in all directions, with far more road lanes serving it. The club say it will have to be over 60% public transport usage at BMD to avoid gridlock and low dispersal rates. There is very little in the plan to explain how that works, beyond shank's Pony to town, Sandhills or Scotland Rd.

The Northern line is a great asset to BMD, but we're now being told that Sandhills' current arrangement would only allow approx 3000 people per hr to access it. So that, and the buses serving Scotland Rd would have to go some to shift the numbers required to meet the club's 60% criteria, with no direct services to the bulk of the city's suburbs..

Of course, the city centre is the key major hub that can give that distribution and capacity seen at the London stadia. If that connection is made efficient it could really boost public transport access.... but again apart from sketchy mentions of shuttle buses, there is very little in the plan to explain how those numbers can be achieved.

Re Sandhills. Would it be asking too much to expect some fans to undertake the gargantuan extra 3/4 minute walk from Sandhills up to Stanley Rd which is served by a multitude of buses?

Old Hall Street entrance to Moorfields is 1.1 miles away, and nearly every single bus that currently serves Goodison, does so either before or after travelling along Scotland Rd.

Plenty of scope also for buses on Regent Rd/Great Howard Street. Bus stops are already there, I suspect some bus service routes will change in that regard, some services have used that route in to town before. There's also currently 1 bus service that uses commercial/vauxhall rd.

Last edited: