New Everton Stadium Discussion

Financially what impact will the stadium really have ?
Using Spurs as an example, average spectator spend per game at WHL was in the region of £1.75 pp per game.
New stadium is around £16 pp per game.

So, times that £14 x 50k per game over a season and that alone will bring in millions extra per year.
Factor in concerts and other stadium use away from football and its a healthy sum of money.

I know ours won't match £ for £ but it's a good guide to potential revenue increase.

but how do we even operate and be successful? when we’re screwed
It looks like we are screwed buddy. - agreed.

But staying at goodison, stagnating and going backwards will not benefit us either. We have to make a progressive move. However……

Everton being Everton decided that an unprecedented global pandemic increasing costs significantly, being backed by a Russian, then Russia going to war and globally sanctioned, coupled with a global financial crisis and interest rate increases not seen for 30+ years, now was the perfect time to flap our wings, take the plunge, and build a stadium in a place with loads of debt on the club, and declining big fat joes fixed rate city loan - probably corrupt anyway, in an active and sea waterfilled active dockland.

We then get a disinterested owner wanting to gtf out asap (probably down to Russian war) and whoring us out to anyone who will take us, who don’t have any money to fund a premier league football club, at a massively reduced cost just to get rid.
On top of that we then get (imo) an orchestrated premier league campaign - backed by the media - unforeseen and unjust points deduction sanction that they can’t, and won’t, explain only applicable to Everton.

I could go on. We do seem screwed. We are being victimised (imo). We may have to sell players.
But

We are fkin Everton mate. Like a cockroach.
We will still be a PL club - not a top one.
We will get another gem - we always do.
And we will be just fine.

Love ya Matt ya moaning sod.

Using Spurs as an example, average spectator spend per game at WHL was in the region of £1.75 pp per game.

So, times that £14 x 50k per game over a season and that alone will bring in millions extra per year.
Factor in concerts and other stadium use away from football and its a healthy sum of money.

I know ours won't match £ for £ but it's a good guide to potential revenue increase.

Thanks for posting. The increased revenue from the average fan will go through the roof. £1.75 average per ticket holder per game at the old WHL? I can't remember the last time I spent any money whatsoever inside GP and I'm a season ticket holder.

Before we even start thinking about being successful, we need to become stable. Success is completely off the table at the moment I’m afraid.

I think we all agree on that. Let's hope we are stable in 2/3 seasons. We might be if we
1) stay up
2) move into the new stadium successfully and improve revenue from the off
3) most importantly, get better owners who can afford batteries for the club calculator.

Things have been bleak for so long now, it is hard to be optimistic. At least the long dark night of Bill Kenwright is over. That's something.

Aren't we pursuing BMD because of a hugely improved corporate facilities aspect? As well as having adequate facilities to the average supporter? The jaguar lounge (for instance) for the former and enough bars and urinals for the later?
Will BMD be competing with Kings dock for musical events and the like?

Based on its location alone and lack of facilities nearby (factor in the potential weather too), I think many more fans will turn up to BMD early and leave later.

The percentage of fans buying food and ale through the club will increase, and for that they'll make a profit. I already know I'll be giving the club more money!

Aren't we pursuing BMD because of a hugely improved corporate facilities aspect? As well as having adequate facilities to the average supporter? The jaguar lounge (for instance) for the former and enough bars and urinals for the later?
BMD wont be competing with the arena for events it will be competing with Anfield. The kind of event at BMD or the Arena will be very different. There aren't many gigs that can comfortably fill 50k without risk.

Would be good to have McCartney be the first gig at BMD. Not many bigger artists, and the obvious local links.

But staying at goodison, stagnating and going backwards will not benefit us either. We have to make a progressive move. However……

Everton being Everton decided that an unprecedented global pandemic increasing costs significantly, being backed by a Russian, then Russia going to war and globally sanctioned, coupled with a global financial crisis and interest rate increases not seen for 30+ years, now was the perfect time to flap our wings, take the plunge, and build a stadium in a place with loads of debt on the club.

This is correct but at the time when we started the project none of those things were true. It's just Everton being Everton. Had we started it when Spurs started, something would have popped then...just because.

It looks like we are screwed buddy. - agreed.

Everton being Everton decided that an unprecedented global pandemic increasing costs significantly, being backed by a Russian, then Russia going to war and globally sanctioned, coupled with a global financial crisis and interest rate increases not seen for 30+ years, now was the perfect time to flap our wings, take the plunge, and build a stadium in a place with loads of debt on the club, and declining big fat joes fixed rate city loan - probably corrupt anyway, in an active and sea waterfilled active dockland.

We then get a disinterested owner wanting to gtf out asap (probably down to Russian war) and whoring us out to anyone who will take us, who don’t have any money to fund a premier league football club, at a massively reduced cost just to get rid.
On top of that we then get (imo) an orchestrated premier league campaign - backed by the media - unforeseen and unjust points deduction sanction that they can’t, and won’t, explain only applicable to Everton.

I could go on. We do seem screwed. We are being victimised (imo). We may have to sell players.
But

We are fkin Everton mate. Like a cockroach.
We will still be a PL club - not a top one.
We will get another gem - we always do.
And we will be just fine.

Love ya Matt ya moaning sod.

lol

In the main, yes. That and an increased capacity. But the upturn in spend from "normal" fans will be impressive, I suspect. Not to be sniffed at.