New Everton Stadium Discussion

They are not going to openly admit to it Tom, especially on a footy forum or even to each other for that matter, but they are green about our new stadium. Personally though, I don't care what they think.
Yes you are spot on.
I was out in town with a Red mate couple of weeks ago. He lives over the water and I took him to the Bramley Moore for a quick pint. He thought it was just gunna be a derelict building site with nothing going on !! Upon seeing it the silence was telling !!

On another note tho...he asked me to drop him at the LFC club shop so he could grab somet. I begrudgingly parked up in the side street and waited in the car (as you do). Couple of parking enforcement council workers showed up like it was a regular thing they do. Asked me to move my car so I apologised saying I didn't know cus I was an Everton fan. One replied "so are we, just park your car over there mate".
They then gleefully gave out about half dozen parking tickets 🤣🤣🤣

As much as i love Goodison and its an unpopular idea. But is selling the ground for development now a better option for a legacy?
The money could be handy
Can't see the club carrying out the last plans that where released, and they had alresdy been downgraded twice from the originals.

There is already private plans submitted for the carpark (old van shop) on the corner of Walton Ln/Diana St, shows theres some hope in regenerating the area, may just be land speculation though.

Imagine the club will be giving away the land in the end to make sure it gets any meaningful development

They are not going to openly admit to it Tom, especially on a footy forum or even to each other for that matter, but they are green about our new stadium. Personally though, I don't care what they think.
It only ever seems to be the weird internet fans that have a grudge about it, the normally everyday fans I know just see it as a positive for the city.

None would ever admit to it being potentially better than Anfield though.

As they should be mate, both sound like ‘lifers’ who follows us through thick and thin :)
There are serial killers who get less 'life' time than us Blues.

But my prayers and thoughts are with @Bluebonic and others in this horrendous situation. Such a horrible condition (disease?) when someone you love dearly regresses to only a shadow of their former selves. God bless (as @Mrtallywacker might say)

Same here mate, my dad is still with us but has Alzheimers, so is no longer interested in football. I would have loved to have taken him there for the first match, showed him his stone in the pavement etc. :(
Actually felt a little tear come to my eyes there. Really sorry to hear this. When you go to see his stone I hope you will just stand there and smile knowing he would love it and that you are his legacy!!!!

All the best!

Actually felt a little tear come to my eyes there. Really sorry to hear this. When you go to see his stone I hope you will just stand there and smile knowing he would love it and that you are his legacy!!!!

All the best!
Thanks mate, he first took me to goodison to see Brazil play portugal in the 66 world cup, sat on his shoulders most of the match. Gutted that he isnt aware enough now to attend, but i know he’ll be there in spirit And when i look at his plaque all those memories of me walking up to the match with him will come flooding back.

Looks like an end of year milestone ceremony coming where they are painting the ‘mini pitch’ walls blue today … wonder who they will technically have score the first goal at BMD for a year end video..

Well spotted mr drone.

IMG_9332.jpeg

Been thinking about the green mini pitch again, after watching Mr Drone’s latest vid.

Given that a guy is painting the concrete barriers around it Everton blue, it further made me think this is part of some sort of colour calibration test.

Perhaps it’s about seeing how grass green and Everton blue will look under the floodlight setup, or on TV cameras.

Whatever it is, I’m fairly certain it’s not part of any pitch drainage / heating sub-structure as I’ve seen others speculate. It’s surface-level, and the fact it’s painted means it’s meant to be seen - at least in the short term.