New Everton Stadium Discussion

Once we have moved in, if it is found to be an issue, how difficult would it be to retrofit something to fix the problem? Hopefully, relatively easy and cheap? I hope to be sat at the back of the East stand, so wont be an issue there.
The Bilbao solution is particularly neat and took most of a close season... and I think was surprisingly cheap (€12m in 2014). Our new roof is a combination of cantilever (side stands) and truss supported (end stands), Bilbao's is fully cantilevered.... which might complicate construction slightly. Then it's just a case of if the existing roof is sufficiently over-engineered to support the additional loads. It looks doable to me, but without full modelling it's hard to know.

The Bilbao solution is particularly neat and took most of a close season... and I think was surprisingly cheap (€12m in 2014). Our new roof is a combination of cantilever (side stands) and truss supported (end stands), Bilbao's is fully cantilevered.... which might complicate construction slightly. Then it's just a case of if the existing roof is sufficiently over-engineered to support the additional loads. It looks doable to me, but without full modelling it's hard to know.

I like the Frankfurt foldable roof solution (though off on a tangent to this discussion) but the downside is that shadow from the roof covering on the pitch. Still disappointed we never went for any type of covering.

Screenshot_20231204_213038_Chrome.jpg
Fantastic pic from the Echo tonight.