New Everton Stadium Discussion

20231203_145549.jpg

Side view of our room window šŸ‘ļø

Apologies up front if asked already, did search this thread but too many hits to make it useful. Will be in Liverpool over xmas from Australia and would like to take the kids to lunch somewhere that has an elevated view of the new stadium. Any suggestions?
There isn't any resturants by the ground mate. The only suggestion I could say is maybe stay a night in the titanic hotel. Although a little pricey, I think that's the closest building with a view of BMD that you could go to. Depending on what room you went for. Also, a ferry that sails along the Mersey.

There isn't any resturants by the ground mate. The only suggestion I could say is maybe stay a night in the titanic hotel. Although a little pricey, I think that's the closest building with a view of BMD that you could go to. Depending on what room you went for. Also, a ferry that sails along the Mersey.
I'm in the Titanic right now. @OzyToffee
Not good views tbh & we've got a corner suite.
Then again it's only accross the road if you want a propper look.

But if you want to go for lunch and have a good look at the stadium up close there's nowhere better than the Titanic.

I always wondered why they didn't do this (roof to pitch edge), especially give then Bilbao example.

That said, I assume those sitting at the front rows of Goodison have similar issues, do they?

Yes, it applies to all grounds without a full nor closing roof. Of course the pitch of the roof can also have an effect. However, it is exacerbated at stadia with higher roof lines and the roof at BMD is almost twice as high as those at GP. Partial protection is afforded to 15Ā° inward from the vertical through the roof's leading edge (which could be quite a few rows), with moderate protection for upto another 30Ā° beyond that. At that height they could've extended the roof line 10-15m covering the edge of the pitch (as at Bilbao).

Yes, it applies to all grounds without a full nor closing roof. Of course the pitch of the roof can also have an effect. However, it is exacerbated at stadia with higher roof lines and the roof at BMD is almost twice as high as those at GP. Partial protection is afforded to 15Ā° inward from the vertical through the roof's leading edge (which could be quite a few rows), with moderate protection for upto another 30Ā° beyond that. At that height they could've extended the roof line 10-15m covering the edge of the pitch (as at Bilbao).
If memory serves they only extended the roof at Bilbao as a day 2 development following complaints of too many fans getting wet

Apologies up front if asked already, did search this thread but too many hits to make it useful. Will be in Liverpool over xmas from Australia and would like to take the kids to lunch somewhere that has an elevated view of the new stadium. Any suggestions?

There is a pub on the Wirral with amazing views of the stadium. The Ferry pub and great food. You could get the ferry over, its about 15 mins walk on the prom and ferry back to Liverpool.

Funnily enough I took a couple visiting from Australia up to Ginoā€™s Sky Bar (best to book) and they loved the views of the stadium and river. Food is nice too

Once we have moved in, if it is found to be an issue, how difficult would it be to retrofit something to fix the problem? Hopefully, relatively easy and cheap? I hope to be sat at the back of the East stand, so wont be an issue there.

For an ā€œelevatedā€ view The Panoramic is probably the best from a distance, but as others have said head for the Titanic to stay/or just for lunch then itā€™s just a short walk down to Bramley Moore Dock - it looks awesome already, youā€™ll be blown away!