New Everton Stadium Discussion

It looks impressive from the inside but a lot of their seating has very little leg space. It is what happens when the stadium evolves, what you end up with is very different than what you would have designed given a fresh start. Very much a mongrel
Also, they have repeatedly made terrible decisions with regards to their stadium redevelopment since the 1980's. Mainly, they have been chasing increased profits to the detriment of supporter comfort and very much to the detriment of the surrounding areas (both in terms of seeking to make people homeless and creating absolute eyesores that tarnish the aesthetics of the area).

But it shouldn't be a surprise that they have chased profit above all else, they were created by a raging Tory and that ethos has stuck to them and their supporters like a bad smell ever since.

(Sorry, I know this is an Everton Stadium thread)

Yes , a Frankenstein of a stadium from the outside.
Yuk.
Would you rather have a good team with unfortunately the ability to win things and a sub standard stadium or a world class stadium and a poor team and limited ability to invest to make the team better?

Personally I don't give two hoots about the stadium ( yes it looks magnificent and is a ( only ) source of pride for Evertonians ) I trade it tomorrow for a team that wins stuff even if we had to stay at Goodison.

Thank God we didn't allow ourselves to get too attached to Goodison to see reality. The reds have definitely done that regarding Anfield, and as a result they will have the second best stadium in Liverpool FOR EVER (unless they are given permission to bulldoze the Echo Arena).

Yes, they've made a few too many short-cuts with Anfield's redevelopment. The poor utilisation of the corners etc has limited the ultimate potential and aesthetic. However, that needn't point to the potential of redevelopment per se. I've recently been to the Bernabeu, which has been redeveloped several times over the decades and wipes the floor with anything in the UK, by some margin. The Nou Camp is going through a similar process at present. Dortmund's stadium is lauded as one of the most intimidating stadia in the world.... and has been added to continuously in precisely the same way as Anfield. Similar the San Siro.... these are probably the most famous and iconic stadiums in the world and are all redeveloped stadia. So, it needn't be a case of redevelopment automatically means eyesore at all. Liverpudlians could equally argue that they'll get to 61k with far more corporate for less than £200m, which will have a ROI of just a few seasons with plenty of cash saved for team development..... when we could be financially hamstrung for decades or even completely bankcrupted by BMD. I don't think that they are in the least bit envious of our position right now.... shiny new stadium or not. They're far more concerned with trying to compete with best home and abroad. We're trying to stay in business!

1701444423866.png

Seems from this picture from the Everton Twitter that the Archibald Leitch brickwork will stand out more when the brick has weathered a bit. Looks like it has a white powder /dusting on it when new. Some now looks much darker, i guess it will take a while to truely stand out as designed.
Looks amazing!!

Would you rather have a good team with unfortunately the ability to win things and a sub standard stadium or a world class stadium and a poor team and limited ability to invest to make the team better?

Personally I don't give two hoots about the stadium ( yes it looks magnificent and is a ( only ) source of pride for Evertonians ) I trade it tomorrow for a team that wins stuff even if we had to stay at Goodison.

The new stadium will give us a massive leg-up long term to compete, in addition to the huge source of pride in the city that may sway support in our direction in the future. It's a proper football stadium, a real gem. I can suffer this now to enjoy better future for the club.

Obviously I want to win trophies but I think this club is about more than that in this city.

Yes, they've made a few too many short-cuts with Anfield's redevelopment. The poor utilisation of the corners etc has limited the ultimate potential and aesthetic. However, that needn't point to the potential of redevelopment per se. I've recently been to the Bernabeu, which has been redeveloped several times over the decades and wipes the floor with anything in the UK, by some margin. The Nou Camp is going through a similar process at present. Dortmund's stadium is lauded as one of the most intimidating stadia in the world.... and has been added to continuously in precisely the same way as Anfield. Similar the San Siro.... these are probably the most famous and iconic stadiums in the world and are all redeveloped stadia. So, it needn't be a case of redevelopment automatically means eyesore at all. Liverpudlians could equally argue that they'll get to 61k with far more corporate for less than £200m, which will have a ROI of just a few seasons with plenty of cash saved for team development..... when we could be financially hamstrung for decades or even completely bankcrupted by BMD. I don't think that they are in the least bit envious of our position right now.... shiny new stadium or not. They're far more concerned with trying to compete with best home and abroad. We're trying to stay in business!
On the bright side it gives you something to moan about for the next 50 years.