New Everton Stadium Discussion

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231201_061731_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20231201_061731_Google.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 16
Yes, i spottted that long tent. Most of those tents cover entrances but that long one is definitely different as there is no entrance / exit at that position. I noticed in that area there was a slight gap in the terracing. I wondered if it was something like an expansion gap that they are now working on or sealing? That long tent seems to be covering that exact area. If you look at the East stand mirror image you can see the gap i mention.

Everton Stadium- The 4th Grace, full video, better quality 🔵

Thank God we didn't allow ourselves to get too attached to Goodison to see reality. The reds have definitely done that regarding Anfield, and as a result they will have the second best stadium in Liverpool FOR EVER (unless they are given permission to bulldoze the Echo Arena).

What’s the point of this now? We are going to be in the championship.

Any enthusiasm for this has now been extinguished for me. I foolishly believed this stadium would attract a decent new owner and buyer of the club to rid us of moshiri, still the best we can come up with is the controversial 777 group.

This is basically now a big white elephant and out of proportion for a pointless club like Everton.
I'm really sad to say that I agree.

One the one hand it's a beacon of hope for the club but the reality is that the new ground hasn't attracted a fabulously rich or visionary new owner and in addition the notion that the new ground will be the silver bullet to our renaissance is simply wrong.

In actual fact you only have to look to history and the clubs that have had new grounds , Arsenal , Spurs , Southampton and Sunderland spring to mind to realize that the cost of this project will be a financial.noose around our necks for many , many years .

There was no additional investment in the playing staff from those clubs.

Any increase in revenue will surely be outweighed by interest costs.

I'm really sad to say that I agree.

One the one hand it's a beacon of hope for the club but the reality is that the new ground hasn't attracted a fabulously rich or visionary new owner and in addition the notion that the new ground will be the silver bullet to our renaissance is simply wrong.

In actual fact you only have to look to history and the clubs that have had new grounds , Arsenal , Spurs , Southampton and Sunderland spring to mind to realize that the cost of this project will be a financial.noose around our necks for many , many years .

There was no additional investment in the playing staff from those clubs.

Any increase in revenue will surely be outweighed by interest costs.
Let's just remind ourselves that new stadiums are built to last 100 years, not just the next few. Yep, we are in a pickle and the next few months will take a lot out of supporters. But, if we can stay up (maybe with the help of a reduced points deduction) and the new stadium is ready to move into in 2024, who knows what the future will bring and who the new owners might be? Keep your nerve, fellas. Darkest hour and all that.

Yes, i spottted that long tent. Most of those tents cover entrances but that long one is definitely different as there is no entrance / exit at that position. I noticed in that area there was a slight gap in the terracing. I wondered if it was something like an expansion gap that they are now working on or sealing? That long tent seems to be covering that exact area. If you look at the East stand mirror image you can see the gap i mention.
They're covering the expansion joints while they're being/ waiting to be installed.

This company did Spurs stadium, not sure who's intalling ours but will be an identical system.

https://emsealservices.co.uk/special-joints/stadium-joints.html

Thank God we didn't allow ourselves to get too attached to Goodison to see reality. The reds have definitely done that regarding Anfield, and as a result they will have the second best stadium in Liverpool FOR EVER (unless they are given permission to bulldoze the Echo Arena).
That's exactly correct. The expression I think of with their situation with Anfield is that they've painted themselves into a corner. I just can't see how Anfield, regardless of what they do to it, can ever be a great stadium. Even the stuff they built in the last 30 odd years would have to be knocked down and they'd have to start from scratch. They should have moved decades ago. Speke would have been handy for their fans who fly in.

That's exactly correct. The expression I think of with their situation with Anfield is that they've painted themselves into a corner. I just can't see how Anfield, regardless of what they do to it, can ever be a great stadium. Even the stuff they built in the last 30 odd years would have to be knocked down and they'd have to start from scratch. They should have moved decades ago. Speke would have been handy for their fans who fly in.
It looks impressive from the inside but a lot of their seating has very little leg space. It is what happens when the stadium evolves, what you end up with is very different than what you would have designed given a fresh start. Very much a mongrel