New Everton Stadium Discussion

I think the North Stand roof is now fully covered. Yet the lower terrace still appears to be very wet. Hope this is old water staining or due to washing down (or perhaps lack of back window)... otherwise the lower tier doesn't seem to be very well weather-protected by the high roof.
With the east, west and south stands roofs and windows not covered rain will be getting in. Plus with the high winds we have had last few weeks rain will blowing in all directions. Once the whole roof is done and all the back windows done, it shouldn’t be a problem or as wet at it looks now.

I think the North Stand roof is now fully covered. Yet the lower terrace still appears to be very wet. Hope this is old water staining or due to washing down (or perhaps lack of back window)... otherwise the lower tier doesn't seem to be very well weather-protected by the high roof.
Is the polycarbonate inner roof in yet? That will extend the cover further. However, the lowest terrace will always be a bit exposed especially with winds blowing towards it and the rest of the roof yet to be completed.

Ultimately, there's still a big hole in the roof so always a chance those at the front will get a bit damp.

Is the polycarbonate inner roof in yet? That will extend the cover further. However, the lowest terrace will always be a bit exposed especially with winds blowing towards it and the rest of the roof yet to be completed.

Ultimately, there's still a big hole in the roof so always a chance those at the front will get a bit damp.
Scratch that. Just watched the most recent drone vid and can see the polycarbonate is in place on the North stand roof.

Yes, of course, this is the problem in many modern tall stadia with high upturned roofs. Some have alleviated it by extending the roof's front edge up to (and sometimes above) the playing area to give better coverage. I think the problem was so acute at Bilbao that fans regularly left the lower tier en masse and packed the concourses when it rained. The result was that a cable net roof extension was added for better protection. Standing in the rain is not great, sitting in it (at great expense) is even worse.

Yes, of course, this is the problem in many modern tall stadia with high upturned roofs. Some have alleviated it by extending the roof's front edge up to (and sometimes above) the playing area to give better coverage. I think the problem was so acute at Bilbao that fans regularly left the lower tier en masse and packed the concourses when it rained. The result was that a cable net roof extension was added for better protection. Standing in the rain is not great, sitting in it (at great expense) is even worse.
Yes, read about the San Mames roof extension. Clever engineering solution. Let's hope we don't have to do similar 😬

As far as i can tell, the gutter line isn't fully finished yet. It's an aluminium, membrane lined system with heat welded joints.

Given it's being used as a temporary walkway while the roof is under construction then I doubt the membrane will have been installed. The roof will be pi$$ing water along this line which would soak the lower tier below.

1698925284074.png

Yes, read about the San Mames roof extension. Clever engineering solution. Let's hope we don't have to do similar 😬

Given that this is hardly a new phenomenon and the Bilbao solution predating BMD, I would've preferred them to have tried to avoid the need by at least maximising coverage on all sides at the design stage. I haven't tried to measure it, but at present the roof lines seem to be vertically above front rows, instead of several metres infield. Of course, if the lower lying corporate areas are affected then it may prompt further measures. Perhaps the barrel roof also counters it somehow.

As far as i can tell, the gutter line isn't fully finished yet. It's an aluminium, membrane lined system with heat welded joints.

Given it's being used as a temporary walkway while the roof is under construction then I doubt the membrane will have been installed. The roof will be pi$$ing water along this line which would soak the lower tier below.

View attachment 233629
Fair point, it might not be completely watertight yet.