New Everton Stadium Discussion

I think the South stand lower is safe standing so obviously will suit people who want to stand and I assume the club may be working with the supporters groups who want to ensure an atmosphere is created. So that would probably not suit those who would prefer to stay seated

I think the South stand lower is safe standing so obviously will suit people who want to stand and I assume the club may be working with the supporters groups who want to ensure an atmosphere is created. So that would probably not suit those who would prefer to stay seated

What do you think will happen to those who might want to stand for a half, but then sit for a half as their legs are tired/or we are getting stuffed so want to get into the moody slouch position?

Just asking, what's the fire safety protocol if there's a fire in the stands? With there not being acres of room down the left of the stadium looking at it with the Mersey at it's back getting enough pumps to any spot along there looks awkward would a pump be driven to a point under any potential fire?
They'll just get Nev Southall to bomb into the Mersey, should create enough of a splash to put it out.

Maybe it's more of a measure of me and my interests, but those who consistently call @Tom Hughes out, thinking they're being clever are the most boring ones.

They're the ones destroying what was a quite informative thread. Tom has added a lot to this conversation, not all of it I agree with, but whatever, its all born of knowledge, experience and a love for the blues, so I'd rather read what he has to say that the same ones who just love to call him all sorts cause it seems like the thing the cool kids do. It's so boring.
When the clubs getting handed over to the receivers and they’re trying to calculate an affordable rent for BMD the cranks will still be shouting yeah but what about witsel & mata and Tom’s an RS sympathiser

What do you think will happen to those who might want to stand for a half, but then sit for a half as their legs are tired/or we are getting stuffed so want to get into the moody slouch position?
I have reached an age when I am quite happy to stay seated so that is for others. Hopefully I will be in a seat that I will be happy in for the next 25 years

They need to also clarify what happens if the 1:1 ratio is increased. Presently you know if you ask for a certain area of the ground that it'll be safe standing 1:1 but some may not like further increases and some may I suppose take the gamble it'll never be increased.

Maybe it's more of a measure of me and my interests, but those who consistently call @Tom Hughes out, thinking they're being clever are the most boring ones.

They're the ones destroying what was a quite informative thread. Tom has added a lot to this conversation, not all of it I agree with, but whatever, its all born of knowledge, experience and a love for the blues, so I'd rather read what he has to say that the same ones who just love to call him all sorts cause it seems like the thing the cool kids do. It's so boring.
I think it may have gone from being too nasty to Tom to too nice!

Attachments

• IMG_4800.jpg
    IMG_4800.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 15
Pretty sure the group bookings still had to follow the loyalty stage.

If you had a group of 10 mates, 5 of you with 10 years, 3 with 6 years and 2 with 3 years, you had to wait until it got to the 3 year stage before you could get a block together.

There's going to be tears.
Friends and family maybe 🤔 if you know, you know 😎

Lads, can you stop with the personal insults directed at Tom.
If you don't like what he brings to the discussion just stuck him on ignore.

He's a fella who, like us all, loves the club and only wants what's best for it. He sees issues where most of us wouldn't have a clue due to his personal and work life experiences.
Give him that credit at the very least.

He's one of us. Give him the courtesy of at least some respect eh.
Ive got no problem with Tom, i dont know him, but i find his posts informative, and he has knowledge that few of us do.

However, i think it has to be understood that most of this started because of the amount of unprompted negative (albeit realistic) opinions on the back of excited people asking questions.

For instance, @muckers just posted saying about how tall the stands are in relation to the stands at Goodison. This is generally where Tom would chime in with "not as many rows though".

I hate bullying, and i hate pile ons. It's not necessary. But neither is the constant down playing of every bit of excitement that people may have in a thread that outlines the literal only positive thing we have going for us at the moment.

Tom's Knowledge is a great resource, and his insight is often valuable. But he also knows exactly what he's doing as well as anyone. He's a big boy and he always gives as good as he gets.

Forums are obviously going to have discussions and differences of opinion, but theres a time and a place, where prompted. That's what people get annoyed about.

Anyway, lets all just move on, bury our heads and take joy in the only tangible thing we have to be happy about. Even if it is going to suffocate us in the long run.

Tom is clearly a passionate blue. He’s know his stuff around stadiums in general.

There’s no doubt he puts a negative spin when there’s no need to though.

A few times I’ve seen him mention how the South stand is only “X amount of rows bigger than the Park End”

He will now point out that that’s “factually correct”

Instead of saying that though, he could say the South stand is well over double the capacity of the Park End with the potential to hold 3 times as much.

Which is also factually correct.

Tom will always, always go with the more negative outlook though.