New Everton Stadium Discussion

Ive got no problem with Tom, i dont know him, but i find his posts informative, and he has knowledge that few of us do.

However, i think it has to be understood that most of this started because of the amount of unprompted negative (albeit realistic) opinions on the back of excited people asking questions.

For instance, @muckers just posted saying about how tall the stands are in relation to the stands at Goodison. This is generally where Tom would chime in with "not as many rows though".

I hate bullying, and i hate pile ons. It's not necessary. But neither is the constant down playing of every bit of excitement that people may have in a thread that outlines the literal only positive thing we have going for us at the moment.

Tom's Knowledge is a great resource, and his insight is often valuable. But he also knows exactly what he's doing as well as anyone. He's a big boy and he always gives as good as he gets.

Forums are obviously going to have discussions and differences of opinion, but theres a time and a place, where prompted. That's what people get annoyed about.

Anyway, lets all just move on, bury our heads and take joy in the only tangible thing we have to be happy about. Even if it is going to suffocate us in the long run.
So Tom gets lambasted for being “negative (albeit realistic).”

Whereas when Kenwright talks about the good times we’ve had and gets pilloried for being positive (albeit talking sh1te).

Which one do you want?

Tom is clearly a passionate blue. He’s know his stuff around stadiums in general.

There’s no doubt he puts a negative spin when there’s no need to though.

A few times I’ve seen him mention how the South stand is only “X amount of rows bigger than the Park End”

He will now point out that that’s “factually correct”

Instead of saying that though, he could say the South stand is well over double the capacity of the Park End with the potential to hold 3 times as much.

Which is also factually correct.

Tom will always, always go with the more negative outlook though.
This is why Tom gets it in the neck. Doom monger despite getting a bright new shiny stadium on the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey he will bring us down from our happy place with a big effing BUT

Tom is clearly a passionate blue. He’s know his stuff around stadiums in general.

There’s no doubt he puts a negative spin when there’s no need to though.

A few times I’ve seen him mention how the South stand is only “X amount of rows bigger than the Park End”

He will now point out that that’s “factually correct”

Instead of saying that though, he could say the South stand is well over double the capacity of the Park End with the potential to hold 3 times as much.

Which is also factually correct.

Tom will always, always go with the more negative outlook though.

I generally just respond to things that are posted, as I see fit. Nothing whatsoever to do with negativity.... or even positivity for that matter.

In the example you use, the issue was about context and perhaps a little bit of misplaced hype and I made that pretty clear. The South stand was originally sold to us as our equivalent of the yellow wall at Dortmund..... ie the biggest traditional home end in European football. So I merely posted some basic comparisons for context.
No-one thinks that the Parkend or Gwladys St are in any way big home ends. The South Stand will only have 20 rows more than the small Park end and 2 rows more than the Gwladys St. At 60 rows it is smaller than both ends at St James Park, 23 rows less than the new Anfield Rd stand and smaller than several others too.... none of which claim to be their versions of the Yellow wall.

So, yes it will look the part as a steep single tier, offering great views etc, and the corner sections will certainly add to that, but it doesn't quite match the yellow wall descriptor (which has the equivalent of 120+ rows in standing mode). Merely my personal (and I believe objective) opinion. No doom, just simple quantifiable facts and comparisons. I think the orginal design was over 70 rows.

Absolutely text book Tom.

I don’t care how many rows, I care about how many people it can hold.

So despite it “only being 20 rows” bigger than the small park end, it is well over twice the capacity and could possibly hold nearly 3 times as much if/when the legislation changes.

And I have seen it in person a few times, you haven’t.

It is mightily impressive and the Park end is laughable in comparison.

And the Yellow wall was referenced as they meant the stadium would have a steep, single tier home end where the most passionate fans will be housed and will be the beating heart of the stadium.

They were hardly going to use the Kop for that point were they?

The Yellow wall has 120 rows you say? Even the bigger design wouldn’t come close to that which just illustrates my point.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the group bookings still had to follow the loyalty stage.

If you had a group of 10 mates, 5 of you with 10 years, 3 with 6 years and 2 with 3 years, you had to wait until it got to the 3 year stage before you could get a block together.

There's going to be tears.
This is correct

Not sure its in the planning, feasible in the design or ifs feasible at a later date.

But would be epic to have a skyline around the roof of the stadium - a walk way around the roof.

There is one in Croke Park here and i think City are going to build around the Eithed. Ive been on the Croke Park one and its a great and hugely popular attraction giving the best panoramic views of Dublin and is a big revenue raiser. You can do it singularly or as part of the stadium tour, you can also do a climb down descent from the roof to the pitch on a harness or zip line across the pitch.

Be stunning at BMD, panoramic views of the City, across the Mersey and out to the Irish Sea. Be a real attraction.

Last edited:
Back in Liverpool last weekend and the new stadium looks incredible. Also walked from town to the game which makes me grateful to be on a waterfront and not the grim best way site. The King's Dock still burns me a bit but now the city will have bramley, the arena and the exhibition center

Kings Dock was a shared equity project mate, people forget that, the stadium and site was stunning but it was a shared ownership model.

Hopefully despite all the Shenanagins from our Looney owner and potential gangster new owners we will own BMD outright.

Pretty sure the group bookings still had to follow the loyalty stage.

If you had a group of 10 mates, 5 of you with 10 years, 3 with 6 years and 2 with 3 years, you had to wait until it got to the 3 year stage before you could get a block together.

There's going to be tears.
I wonder how the child aspect will work. I've had my current ST for close to twenty-years now as have a fair few close to me. We want to sit together.

My son, however, has only had one for a few seasons because of his age. I hope they factor this in because I obviously can't move without him.