New Everton Stadium Discussion

Random thought, but it strikes me the front lip of the upper tiers are easily big enough to incorporate a royal blue-on-white leitch criss cross design.
Which would give an amazing stadium a lovely nod to our past and look BRILLIANT!

Or will they just go for those electric video advertising hoardings?

Yeah mate I think it looks really cool, very similar vibe to tobacco warehouse and a touch of the Lucas Oil stadium feel. It looks like behind the windows there's just concrete panelling so wasn't sure if it was for the interior or exterior look.

You're so right I didn't notice this until now. You can see below. I think there's one or two 'similarities' with the LOS, brick exterior, windows behind the end stands, just a shame it's not quite as bing and doesn't have the retractable roof. Can't have everything!

LOS exterior.jpg

You're so right I didn't notice this until now. You can see below. I think there's one or two 'similarities' with the LOS, brick exterior, windows behind the end stands, just a shame it's not quite as bing and doesn't have the retractable roof. Can't have everything!

View attachment 221621
Everyone is entitled to their opinions, of course, but personally I think that stadium is utterly hideous.

It’s not a patch on our ground, and brings to mind Anfield and Old Trafford. Shopper centre architecture.

Random thought, but it strikes me the front lip of the upper tiers are easily big enough to incorporate a royal blue-on-white leitch criss cross design.
Which would give an amazing stadium a lovely nod to our past and look BRILLIANT!

Or will they just go for those electric video advertising hoardings?
A fine idea my son but @davek suggested it some time ago and won't appreciate you trying to steal his thunder.

God bless

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, of course, but personally I think that stadium is utterly hideous.

It’s not a patch on our ground, and brings to mind Anfield and Old Trafford. Shopper centre architecture.

Can't disagree to some extent the style of the exterior is a bit 'brutal' I see where you're coming from. It's more the interior of the LOS that I like. But
you can't help but see the basic similarities with the panelling between the brick work and the window ends.

Shopping Centre architecture would be a huge upgrade for Anfield. It's purely Kirkby warehouse estate inspired now

Totally get why some don't like it, it is rather Marmite.

But where you see a shopping centre, I see a cathedral. Awesome looking stadium.

Totally get why some don't like it, it is rather Marmite.

But where you see a shopping centre, I see a cathedral. Awesome looking stadium.

Yeah I think it's amazing and definitely a stadium I'd love to visit.

On another note, I'm in NYC end of this month, going to take in a NY Metz Baseball game. Not a baseball fan by any means but looking forward to seeing a different type of stadium design and how everything is set up for a different type of sport. Apparently its a labour day in NY so a firework display on which will be great for the kids.

Putting to one side that the LOS is bigger (I think it's around 67,000) and has a retractable roof, you can see some similarity with BMD (albeit raised).

It might also give us an idea what BMD might be like if the west/east stands had another tier. Which I think would have more of the look of Old Trafford.
Man U.jpg

LOS interior.jpg

Pure pie in the sky at this time and for the foreseeable future.

Yeah I think it's amazing and definitely a stadium I'd love to visit.

On another note, I'm in NYC end of this month, going to take in a NY Metz Baseball game. Not a baseball fan by any means but looking forward to seeing a different type of stadium design and how everything is set up for a different type of sport. Apparently its a labour day in NY so a firework display on which will be great for the kids.
Hope you enjoy it. I went to my one and only baseball game in Baltimore a few years back, cracking stadium there I thought and I enjoyed the game.