New Everton Stadium Discussion

As suspected, the site will be accessible at all times with the exception of the West Quay area on matchdays which is where the car park, media compound etc is located. So nothing to stop Joe Public from accessing the Fan Plaza and other areas around the ground on match days.
View attachment 216971

View attachment 216972

Thanks for that. I find it a bit surprising to be honest. Hope it doesn't lead to too much congestion. I think the fan zone will get mobbed from the off. Seems a bit strange that somebody who isn't going to the match has access to the same bars and other outlets as somebody who is.

Thanks for that. I find it a bit surprising to be honest. Hope it doesn't lead to too much congestion. I think the fan zone will get mobbed from the off. Seems a bit strange that somebody who isn't going to the match has access to the same bars and other outlets as somebody who is.
They won’t. The bars are inside the stadium, not on the fan plaza. There will definitely be some offerings out there too, but probably more like kiosks and beers tents etc.

I wonder how close I could park a narrow boat on match days on the reopened canal

Slight correction, there is no reopening of a canal there never was a canal. It's just a link connecting both docks either side of BM. As stated 'maintaining the water channel to retain the integrity of inter-connecting docks'. Of course the actual Leeds-Liverpool canal is just a stones throw and will be integral as LW develops.

Slight correction, there is no reopening of a canal there never was a canal. It's just a link connecting both docks either side of BM. As stated 'maintaining the water channel to retain the integrity of inter-connecting docks'. Of course the actual Leeds-Liverpool canal is just a stones throw and will be integral as LW develops.
I assumed he was referring to the Leeds-Liverpool Canal rather than the channel in front of the stadium?

You should be able to get into Neslon Dock next door with a Canal Boat and moor up next to the stadium. Won't be able to go any further than that as, like you say, the channel is just to maintain water flow than provide a navigable passage north.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if someone puts on a water taxi along the canal link from Albert Dock to the stadium.

They won’t. The bars are inside the stadium, not on the fan plaza. There will definitely be some offerings out there too, but probably more like kiosks and beers tents etc.
Yeah, I think the only things on the fan plaza will be shipping container type things serving ale and street food/ snacks.

I assumed he was referring to the Leeds-Liverpool Canal rather than the channel in front of the stadium?

You should be able to get into Neslon Dock next door with a Canal Boat and moor up next to the stadium. Won't be able to go any further than that as, like you say, the channel is just to maintain water flow than provide a navigable passage north.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if someone puts on a water taxi along the canal link from Albert Dock to the stadium.

It would make an interesting trip between Leeds and Everton. Coach, train or car? Na, i'm going by barge.