New Everton Stadium Discussion

They won’t. The bars are inside the stadium, not on the fan plaza. There will definitely be some offerings out there too, but probably more like kiosks and beers tents etc.
Yeah, I understand that. But the facilities in the fan zone will still be very attractive. I expect they will be very good, to be honest. I do worry that the area dockside (ie beyond the wall) will get mobbed on match day, particularly when the ground first opens. People will be curious and will want a look.

Yeah, I understand that. But the facilities in the fan zone will still be very attractive. I expect they will be very good, to be honest. I do worry that the area dockside (ie beyond the wall) will get mobbed on match day, particularly when the ground first opens. People will be curious and will want a look.

I would've thought that in the modern climate, they might want to take full advantage of the wall, to create a semi-secure zone around the stadium. Allowing ticket holders only beyond that point on matchdays, with checks and bag searches etc at the wall gates rather than at the turnstiles. Also encouraging people to arrive earlier to avoid these pinch points.

Slight correction, there is no reopening of a canal there never was a canal. It's just a link connecting both docks either side of BM. As stated 'maintaining the water channel to retain the integrity of inter-connecting docks'. Of course the actual Leeds-Liverpool canal is just a stones throw and will be integral as LW develops.
I’ve seen barges moored up in collingwood dock ( only a couple to be honest)
There’s also moorings outside the titanic hotel, but whether they get used I don’t know

I would've thought that in the modern climate, they might want to take full advantage of the wall, to create a semi-secure zone around the stadium. Allowing ticket holders only beyond that point on matchdays, with checks and bag searches etc at the wall gates rather than at the turnstiles. Also encouraging people to arrive earlier to avoid these pinch points.

Although I personally am not interested in the fan zone/plaza, I agree with Tom to some extent. Maybe have a ticketed area so you can go freely in with your ticket or even out again if you wish. The only draw back is if you're buying a ticket on the match day or going to collect your ticket, then you'd need access in the first place to get to the ticket office. Unless they build a ticket office in the wall itself (one of the cut outs) !

Although I personally am not interested in the fan zone/plaza, I agree with Tom to some extent. Maybe have a ticketed area so you can go freely in with your ticket or even out again if you wish. The only draw back is if you're buying a ticket on the match day or going to collect your ticket, then you'd need access in the first place to get to the ticket office. Unless they build a ticket office in the wall itself (one of the cut outs) !
It'll be ticketless by the time it opens I think

IMG_1908.jpeg

Am I alone in saying I don't like the stadium? Think there should be more everton to it, you go past the etihad or other new grounds and they are so much more obvious to the observer who plays there.
This just looks like a stadium built for the City of Liverpool to me.

No mate your not alone in saying you don't like the stadium. Jeff from West Derby doesn't like it either as it interfered with his love if flying Kites.

I don't think the stadium is finished yet so pretty sure they'll have a badge stuck on it, with blue lights and a big sign that says Everton, just for those who aren't sure who it is built for.