New Everton Stadium Discussion

Watched a few of the latest videos and things are looking brilliant. Just a few questions/observations.

Firstly is the north stand cladding nearly completed now? That's to say, there is no other layer/skin to go on what has been fitted so far? Correct?

Also, the flat roof if the hydraulic tower and engine house looks like a great location for VIP hospitality in the better weather.

And finally who gets beyond the dock wall on match day? Ticket holders only or anybody who wants to? No speculation with this one, please. Has it been answered anywhere by the club? If so, where?

Thanks to all the people who post drone videos. Very much appreciated.

Perhaps when its finished.

I mean, i was expecting to be somewhat wowed and...just wasnt.
Still a building site tbf, with probably 12 more months of ‘fit and finishing’ to be applied.
Apart from the roof and the brick cladding (both of which / combined I personally think stand out as unique) there’s not much to look at really, barring the beginnings of a seating ‘bowl’
Other than that, the location on the river, the dock wall and historic surroundings / building (apart from the turd factory) all contribute to its character I think.
Personally find it quite easy to envisage how iconic / ability to wow it will be once complete.
One thing I’m interested to see develop is the roof cladding, I thought it had more of a high polished finish than the current panels seem to have. Renderings made it look almost shimmering.
Now if we’d only redeveloped Goodi….. oh forget it.

And finally who gets beyond the dock wall on match day? Ticket holders only or anybody who wants to? No speculation with this one, please. Has it been answered anywhere by the club? If so, where?

Good point that. I would guess that anyone could, like going for a pint in a pub near Goodison but not the match. Not sure why you would want to do that mind, idle curiosity aside.

I'll be wowed by fanzone and the surrounding area to be honest, there's so much character there and we'll be saving and returning tramlines, capstones, the hydraulic tower, and cobbles to their original state. The dock wall is unique, we'll be reopening the canal link next to the river, everything about what we're doing says wow to me personally. And that's before we take into account the cruise ships etc. The stadium itself is going to be the envy of many never mind the what's surrounding it, the rest is the icing on the cake.

Watched a few of the latest videos and things are looking brilliant. Just a few questions/observations.

Firstly is the north stand cladding nearly completed now? That's to say, there is no other layer/skin to go on what has been fitted so far? Correct?

Also, the flat roof if the hydraulic tower and engine house looks like a great location for VIP hospitality in the better weather.

Thought the same with the flat roof on the hydraulic tower on the latest videos this morning too. Not sure if catering/kitchens etc have been planned for that building though, thought it was restricted use in the planning to museum usage?

Have not seen anything to date in terms of who gets access to the fanzone but in the interest of safety, it would have to be limited to ticket holders only. You only have to look at the neighbouring scruffs behaviour in champions league final in Paris in the other year. Which wasnt their fault obviously.

The cladding going on the roof currently is the first skin. That's the weatherproof bit I believe. There will be another layer on top of that which will form the final roof finish.

I'm not sure what the intention is with that flat roof area but I read somewhere it was going to be a GREEN roof. Would be a bit of a waste of it's not utilised as a roof terrace though.

As far as I am aware, the area around the ground will be open to the public 365 days of the year so there would be nothing to prevent anyone from entering on match days. I'm sure it's discussed somewhere in the Design & Access Statement. Will take a look.

Good point that. I would guess that anyone could, like going for a pint in a pub near Goodison but not the match. Not sure why you would want to do that mind, idle curiosity aside.

If the facilities in the fan zone are as good as I think they will be, then I could see lots of ticketless fans wanting to visit it. Could cause problems with ingress and egress, though. That's why I ask.

I guess I’m also not sure what Zatara is expecting.

A lot of the building impact depends on the final roof construction living up to the renders rather than being done on the cheap. It will be a while before we know that.

The external design is, in my opinion, unusual compared to recent builds in cut rectangular shape, upper/lower materials ‘separation’ and the inclusion of lots of quirks. Some of these might divide opinions on here (eg North Stand, brick & metal cladding etc.) but they will deliver genuine character when completed and as the stadium weathers in. The Western Terrace steps when built will only add to the distinctive look and feel as as that they ensure all four sides will look different externally, something you just do not see at most modern grounds.

The location itself has all the impact we expected. The riverside location. The adjacent dock. The City views. The heritage elements (the wall, the hydraulic tower and more to come when cobbles, railway track etc. reinstated). Yes, it has imperfections (the water treatment plant) but it is going to turn heads.

It is an incomplete building site so obviously there is a lot of nose you have to look past but I don’t think it takes an awful lot of imagination to get excited.

Thought the same with the flat roof on the hydraulic tower on the latest videos this morning too. Not sure if catering/kitchens etc have been planned for that building though, thought it was restricted use in the planning to museum usage?

Have not seen anything to date in terms of who gets access to the fanzone but in the interest of safety, it would have to be limited to ticket holders only. You only have to look at the neighbouring scruffs behaviour in champions league final in Paris in the other year. Which wasnt their fault obviously.
Maybe on match days an Everton membership could be required to access the fanzone? the club could include an annual matchday fanzone pass as part of the Everton membership package.

As far as I am aware, the area around the ground will be open to the public 365 days of the year so there would be nothing to prevent anyone from entering on match days. I'm sure it's discussed somewhere in the Design & Access Statement. Will take a look.

As suspected, the site will be accessible at all times with the exception of the West Quay area on matchdays which is where the car park, media compound etc is located. So nothing to stop Joe Public from accessing the Fan Plaza and other areas around the ground on match days.
1688920400077.png

1688920456683.png