New Everton Stadium Discussion

Any other solution seems more complicated, so I wouldn't be surprised if it remains the same as then.

The channel has been present in designs throughout - though it did for a period have a third access bridge, I'm not sure how much that would affect things:

std1-988x416.jpg

Everton+Initial+CUR+birds+eye+whole.jpg
I just watched that Mr Drone video again and actually there isn't much info on the water channel but I defo remember hearing or reading somewhere (not in that Heritage Statement I quoted) about pipes to allow water flow but I thought they would be partially visible at the ends. Can't remember why I think that but I'm sure I have seen/heard more detail about the channel design 🤷‍♂️

I looked into it about a month ago. It was around £2800 per season, with a free drink/meal per game. If money was no issue, it’s a no brainer. I can’t justify £6k a season for and me and the lad. Too much
I'm the same mate, can't do £6000 on this shower. By the way, the drink/meal isn't free, it's probably more expensive than you'd pay at the Ritz.

How are the drinking options shaping up down there?

Obviously there's the Bramley Moore already, I saw that the Blue House are opening up down there and there was something I read somewhere about somewhere called the "Terrace Bar" opening up down there with a rooftop bar with a view of the ground, but that's about all I know of so far. I know the club will want you drinking in the ground/fan plaza, which is all well and good but if you're not a fan of the 4% lagers they sign catering contracts for, you're a bit stuck.

In the early 90s we would have struggled to even 1/4 fill a stadium that size given some of our gates back then.
Well exactly. I was giving it the full new stadium bounce, plus cheap tickets plus a healthy on-pitch revival too..... but yes gates did tumble just prior to the Premier league etc. So much so that after the Taylor report, even Man Utd and Liverpool opted for mid-40k+ all-seater capacities, Spurs 36k and Arsenal 38k. So that scheme would've probably been seen as massively over-ambitious at that time.

I just watched that Mr Drone video again and actually there isn't much info on the water channel but I defo remember hearing or reading somewhere (not in that Heritage Statement I quoted) about pipes to allow water flow but I thought they would be partially visible at the ends. Can't remember why I think that but I'm sure I have seen/heard more detail about the channel design 🤷‍♂️

There is an existing isolation structure at the southern end of the water channel, between BMD and Nelson Dock. This is basically a sheet piled structure with pipes through to allow the passage of water and aquatic life. The pipes are below the water level so not visible.

1716224324956.png

It was originally intended to construct the same at the opposite end but for some reason it was changed to a fixed bridge. Not sure why, particularly as this would have been more expensive than the original solution.

The change was highlighted by Everton a good while ago during an update but they never went into detail on why the design was amended.

I believe the water channel will only be circa 1m deep for H&S reasons.

1716224537820.png

Why was it so bad in the 90's? I know the 80's. In the 90's I was a regular and a season ticket holder yet the attendances would hover above and below 20,000. Even some of the derbies were low at about 36000. I'm thinking around the 4-4 draw period.

To be fair we were 💩

We were indeed 💩. Also the UK was in recession and football was still in a post heysel / hillsborough lull. Gates didn't really pick up across the country till post Euro 96 when football became popular again

How are the drinking options shaping up down there?

Obviously there's the Bramley Moore already, I saw that the Blue House are opening up down there and there was something I read somewhere about somewhere called the "Terrace Bar" opening up down there with a rooftop bar with a view of the ground, but that's about all I know of so far. I know the club will want you drinking in the ground/fan plaza, which is all well and good but if you're not a fan of the 4% lagers they sign catering contracts for, you're a bit stuck.
Hopefully the club has some things in place so that people will actually want to drink in the stadium before and after the game.