New Everton Stadium Discussion

So very sorry to hear that. Thoughts with you and your family.

My dad died a few years ago, I think about him not seeing this new ground all the time.

I turned my sadness about that towards making sure my kids got to experience Goodison - and I drag them to the new ground every time we're in Liverpool - because I want them to experience the transition.

Us and our dads saw great times at Goodison, but it's time for the next generation to make the step away and carry their legacy on at the new ground.

All the best. 💙
Thanks

Beyond the givens about hoping we survive as a football club long enough to see it completed, I do hope we’re able to open the stadium in a less slapstick way than the Co-op Live Arena in Manchester.

Also, nothing against the Co-op, but it’s hardly the stellar global brand sponsor you’d expect for Europe’s biggest arena.

Naming rights aren’t what they used to be.

Two things come to mind about this arena, how did it cost 365 million to build and why haven't co-op pulled out of the naming rights and sued the owners for dragging their name into the mud?

All said, not rushing to open BMD mid-season next year is probably a very wise decision.

I know we had our issues, but at least we delayed the opening by a few months to fix them. This Co-op Live thing is a massive, massive shambles....people literally travelling to shows told to turn around and go home, or worse shutting the place down when people are already there... 😵

They keep cancelling shows.

Their manager walked out last week.

I've got tickets to see Elbow in a couple of weeks, fully expecting this to be cancelled. Got a hotel booked aswell

Was hoping to take my dad to see it, as he’s only seen pictures, but he died last night. He told how he lost his shoe in the old main stand and had to walk home with only one shoe. I’m sorry I won’t be able to take him now. UTFT
Totally gutted for your loss mate.Cherish your times together.That is how I got and continue to get through the loss. x

Was hoping to take my dad to see it, as he’s only seen pictures, but he died last night. He told how he lost his shoe in the old main stand and had to walk home with only one shoe. I’m sorry I won’t be able to take him now. UTFT
Very sorry to hear this, fellow Blue, condolences to you and your family.

That anecdote sums up the loyalty of The Everton Family.

He will be with you I spirit when you do get there and he's instilled his loyalty in you and we bear it well with all the good and bad they throw our way.

💙🙏UTFT

Hopefully your Dad will be with you in spirit when you are there mate.

Deepest condolences and thoughts are with you and those closest.

Last edited:
One thing I noticed on the club's latest video was that the inside of the dock wall also says "Bramley-Moore Dock" as well as the outside. I never knew, but then how would I? Also, he asked a question about how many the fan plaza will hold but didn't get an answer. Anybody know how many it could cater for for food and drink, pre-match entertainment on a nice warm start of season or end of season day?