New Everton Stadium Discussion

View attachment 249693
View attachment 249694
Taken from this video as the quality of the screenshots is poor but the vid is quite good, kudos to whoever took it and thanks if they're on here :)
Another one from an article from a while back:
View attachment 249695
That does feel like it's a bit too high of a wall, unless there's something not put in place yet, but as far as I can find it's supposed to be seating only there?

Weird really, I've not noticed it until now, so thanks I guess lol

It's by the by now. But why they didn't just make the 'wall' horizontal parallel to the goal line and knock off that slither of a triangle absorb it in to the south stand I don't know. As shown on the NWHL photo they've got that right. (The rest of it in that corner at Tottenham is ugly).

Last edited:
It's by the by now. But why they didn't just make the 'wall' horizontal parallel to the goal line and knock off that slither of a triangle absorb it in to the south stand I don't know. As shown on the NWHL photo they've got that right. (The rest of it in that corner at Tottenham is ugly).

I had a think about this very thing and I think there are two reasons why it's been done like it has. The first is that as the seats come around to the East/West stand they will be pointing at the goal line yet you'll have your head twisted to the side and down for most of the match. Secondly, as you have the drop wall there it's likely the people a few seats inwards from the edge might not see the whole the pitch as you'll get a blocked sightline.

The only way to really do it would have the two tiers stands wrap around the corners and just have the one tier stand in between those Much like the North Stand at the Principality stadium.

I had a think about this very thing and I think there are two reasons why it's been done like it has. The first is that as the seats come around to the East/West stand they will be pointing at the goal line yet you'll have your head twisted to the side and down for most of the match. Secondly, as you have the drop wall there it's likely the people a few seats inwards from the edge might not see the whole the pitch as you'll get a blocked sightline.

The only way to really do it would have the two tiers stands wrap around the corners and just have the one tier stand in between those Much like the North Stand at the Principality stadium.

They could've continued the corner section at the same angle and ended it almost seamlessly with the side stand with a new dividing wall, or turned the corner like the upper tier and finished with a wall parallel to the goal line as at say Chelsea's west stand. I can't think of any other stadium that has joined corners as we have at the South stand.

Not sure if you got what I mean. More like what Tom said. I think they should have continued it round at least the lower half. Can't see how anyone could have had difficulty viewing here. It's the same slither just going to be part of the SS

BMD.jpg

From the photos and screenshots posted I have been working out the angles, average height of a sitting human being, distance from the pitch, the height of the wall and if there are steps behind the wall or not and where the pitch lines meet to work out if the view will be restricted or not
cEi9fa.gif

And I can guarantee you that the view from that area in the stand depending if you are Peter Crouch or Warwick Davis is either obstructed or has a full view of the pitch

Last edited:
They could've continued the corner section at the same angle and ended it almost seamlessly with the side stand with a new dividing wall, or turned the corner like the upper tier and finished with a wall parallel to the goal line as at say Chelsea's west stand. I can't think of any other stadium that has joined corners as we have at the South stand.
No doubt these seats will be the only seats available when I try to get tickets for me and my lad as club members.
But even these seats will still be better than the claustrophobic feeling we got when seated towards the back of the lower tier in the main stand where you can just about see all the pitch but hardly anything else.

No doubt these seats will be the only seats available when I try to get tickets for me and my lad as club members.
But even these seats will still be better than the claustrophobic feeling we got when seated towards the back of the lower tier in the main stand where you can just about see all the pitch but hardly anything else.

The Mainstand side is a bit swings and roundabouts, as it was primarily an exercise in getting as many seats as possible into a confined site. The deep overlapping format is similar to a lot of old US Baseball grandstands. Yes, the back few rows of the mainstand itself are a bit limited and claustraphobic, but that is because of the propped Top Balcony above, which affords those fans above excellent elevated views much closer to the action than anything of equivalent height at BMD. Of course, it's over 50yrs old and the chosen roof design creates more obstructed views than necessary too.

I think they wanted to maximise the capacity of the south stand ‘blue wall’ that’s why it’s been done this way.

They could've increased the South Stand's capacity slighly more by turning the corner and encapsulating that small triangle into the end stand too. That way the lower side tier could also be seated right up to the new boundary wall (removing the end aisle) without any potential obstruction. Alternatively, as said before, continuing the cranked corner section at the same angle till its rows meet the side lower tier, would've also turned that boundary line to an angle more perpendicular to the goal line. Creating little or no difference in height at the junction and thus a lower boundary wall.