New Everton Stadium Discussion

Whatever happened to the talk about putting Solar Panels on the roof or has that been kicked into touch…
Think that's happening, obviously will be one of the last exterior things to happen.
Interesting to hear yesterday about the water catchment basin under the pitch that'll supply grey water for stuff like toilet flushing.

ha, still people from other clubs moaning about the inside of BMD.
One lad saying 'sure the exterior looks great but the interior looks like a bundes league stadium'...
Man, if you told me 10 years ago Everton would build a stadium on the Mersey with an iconic exterior and bundes league interior, I'd probably have laughed at you.
Cant wait to hear the sound created by this place. I think it's going to be next level!
Seems a strange way to say he doesn't think the interior's that good. 🤔

Not saying Bundesliga stadiums are the benchmark or anything, but also not sure why that would indicate it's bad.

As has already been pointed out, what exactly can be that eye-catching about a stadium bowl that is mostly just concrete terracing and seats, is unfinished, and is still a building site?? What's he want, marble and gold leaf?? 🤷‍♂️

Seems a strange way to say he doesn't think the interior's that good. 🤔

Not saying Bundesliga stadiums are the benchmark or anything, but also not sure why that would indicate it's bad.

As has already been pointed out, what exactly can be that eye-catching about a stadium bowl yhat is mostly just concrete terracing and seats, is unfinished, and is still a building site?? What's he want, marble and gold leaf?? 🤷‍♂️
right!
You have a set capacity.
Planning constraints limit height
Footprint is another limiting factor
Every seat must have a perfect line of vision.
X amount of corporate and other hospitality is needed to make it viable
The fans demand close proximity to the pitch.
Throw all this in to the mix and I'm not sure what more they could do.
If you look at the new spurs stadium, take the curved tops off the stands and remove the rolling roof line and it's very similar.
There's a reason the interiors of new stadia all look similar, because it's the optimal way to build a stadium interior...

right!
You have a set capacity.
Planning constraints limit height
Footprint is another limiting factor
Every seat must have a perfect line of vision.
X amount of corporate and other hospitality is needed to make it viable
The fans demand close proximity to the pitch.
Throw all this in to the mix and I'm not sure what more they could do.
If you look at the new spurs stadium, take the curved tops off the stands and remove the rolling roof line and it's very similar.
There's a reason the interiors of new stadia all look similar, because it's the optimal way to build a stadium interior...
They obviously want something more like this...

Screenshot_20240321_155311_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20240321_152649_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20240321_152630_Google.jpg

🤷‍♂️

Is there going to be a cordoned off area just outside the new stadium where overly tired and emotional Evertonians can arrange to meet similar, to settle to scores and bad blood pertaining to random drunken late-night internet arguments?

And will it be winner stays on?

Is there going to be a cordoned off area just outside the new stadium where overly tired and emotional Evertonians can arrange to meet similar, to settle to scores and bad blood pertaining to random drunken late-night internet arguments?

And will it be winner stays on?
I think the bit of the dock they are going to re-excavate outside the West Stand should suffice.

Shirts off, jump in and get pummelling.

Whatever the interior finish ultimately ends up looking like, according to my wife's approach to interior design several thousand of these liberally strew around will apparently improve it....

View attachment 249545
Job done, you're welcome 😎
They don't look as aerodynamic as the old plastic covered Goodison cushions. lol

I think it looks sensational from the outside.

Everything you hear/read sounds amazing.

As for the inside - you won't know what its really like until you see it. Can't wait to sit in the stands.

I drive extra safe nowadays so I don't snuff it before we get to play there.
I can honestly say, the drone videos and photos don’t even begin to do it justice.

It’s fantastic.