New Everton Stadium Discussion

I thought most people were advocating averaging out the "group" tenure. So in that system, the question would actually be... are you happy to halve your tenure ((25+1)/2=13) to allow him to link to you?

If it's important to you that you sit together then you would surely consider it and be prepared to drop down the list. Otherwise the only person who's gaining is him. It's not perfect but it at least provides a more palatable option for those with long tenures currently sitting with those with lesser tenure 🤷‍♂️.

The way I see it, that mitigates the impact, particularly for those with sons/daughters with shorter STH tenure whilst limiting the opportunity for gaming the system, as for somebody to gain somebody else has to make a sacrifice.

Unless I'm missing something 🤷‍♂️
My reply was to the fact some are saying linked STs but no concession of years by them.

I wonder what the current status is of the Goodison legacy plan.
I suspect any ambition to build the scheme published during the BMD planning went away the minute DBB left and was toast as soon as Kenwright died.
If / when 777 take over (or anyone else for that matter, shy of a gazillionaire benefactor) I can’t see much more than GP either being left to rot and rust or flattened and the land sold off for peanuts.
Even if the site was given to EITC, I’m not sure they will have the funds for the scheme and I doubt the council would contribute anything meaningful. Might end up as smaller pitches and some sort of community centre, but nothing like the scheme tabled.
Would be a sad end if I’m correct, both for the site itself and the local area.

I suspect any ambition to build the scheme published during the BMD planning went away the minute DBB left and was toast as soon as Kenwright died.
If / when 777 take over (or anyone else for that matter, shy of a gazillionaire benefactor) I can’t see much more than GP either being left to rot and rust or flattened and the land sold off for peanuts.
Even if the site was given to EITC, I’m not sure they will have the funds for the scheme and I doubt the council would contribute anything meaningful. Might end up as smaller pitches and some sort of community centre, but nothing like the scheme tabled.
Yeah its something ive thought of before, as you say, be shocked if the original plans ever see the light of day.

this project is more deserving of public funds than Jim Ratcliffe's new train set at Old Trafford

I think that after all the fine words on day one to where we are now any money for the Legacy will right at the back of the queue

Yeah its something ive thought of before, as you say, be shocked if the original plans ever see the light of day.
Isn't that sort of thing what LOTTO is for?

In no particular order;
The actual cost of demolition.
On going maintenance costs and council rates etc.

We'll end up at best giving it...if it's still ours to give... away and some developer will make a few bob

Isn't that sort of thing what LOTTO is for?

In no particular order;
The actual cost of demolition.
On going maintenance costs and council rates etc.

We'll end up at best giving it...if it's still ours to give... away and some developer will make a few bob

Probably this. They may be able to give portions of land to different developers to get something approaching what they wanted. For each bit of land they give up they could have specific covenants that they have to also build a community centre/shops/playgrounds etc.

I guess there will be a lot more housing than what we put in for PP and the project to take a lot longer to complete. That said if enough Evertonians want to buy a house/apartment on the hallowed ground, then that might push developers to strike whilst the iron is hot.

Switch the pitch around 90 degrees, so that the Park End is along one side of the pitch, Sell what is left. Demolish it and turn it over to housing. What is left could be used for the under 21's, ladies team, schools etc.

I share your concern and have also been thinking about the Goodison site. It has all gone quiet.

I suppose the priority has to be completing BMD to a high standard and getting in there, but one small scrap of credibility our club has clung to over the last couple of decades has been the connection to and support of the local community. The GP legacy is very important for many reasons.

I guess we'll just have to hope that it doesn't completely fall away 🤞🙏

Probably this. They may be able to give portions of land to different developers to get something approaching what they wanted. For each bit of land they give up they could have specific covenants that they have to also build a community centre/shops/playgrounds etc.

I guess there will be a lot more housing than what we put in for PP and the project to take a lot longer to complete. That said if enough Evertonians want to buy a house/apartment on the hallowed ground, then that might push developers to strike whilst the iron is hot.
I just run a quick google on West Hams old ground...london prices I know...but, even in Walton if you get the site for a decent price...people need houses, somebody will profit, probably not us.

Competition is hotting up for the leisure franchises.

20240318_144701.jpg