New Everton Stadium Discussion

The front section is transparent. The primary roof, with all the acoustic insulation, is a solid standing seam similar to the Hydraulic Tower. The barell section is a perforated cladding.

View attachment 229922View attachment 229923

As I understand it, that shows the area which (at both ends of the ground) is essentially a void. I don't under why so much space is being wasted and, moreover, why are they bothering to glaze it? What's the point, if there'll be nobody there? Surely, it would have been easier and cheaper, just to cover it with metal or brick? Anybody care to enlighten me?

That process for the roof will take weeks or months, won't it? It's basically like a roll of sellotape being stretched across the roof, I think. The container brings up about 3/4 rolls each time. Have I got that right?

Lovely to see the first seats going in. Very happy they are individual seats.

And to think this was a World Heritage site. An empty and dilapidated dockland eyesore. Now we have created something which may ultimately be a catalyst for greater development and ultimately regeneration of an abandoned area.

Meanwhile, over at Analfied...!

Btw, has anyone ever given thought as to why...and how...UNESCO (or whoever) regarded the North Docks a World Heritage site given the historic slave trade connection for which WE have been pilloried. Hmmm!

You haven’t been vindicated at at all because I think it’s now abundantly clear where the finance was coming from for this stadium build. Not even you, could predict the War in Ukraine that has clearly altered the landscape so to speak.

The point is, the initial financial plan had already collapsed prior to the war, as the club's half of the funding was never secured at any point during the previous year of searching. From that point, this was always going to be a stadium built by bank of daddy. There was next to nothing above ground when the war started. Yet we pressed ahead despite knowing this and that the money underpinning its naming rights and much of our clubs operational costs was no longer there. Unlike Arsenal and Spur's stadiums, no financial instutions were attracted by the project even when the owner funded the first half and USM were still in place. Over a year ago Moshiri stated that the project costs had already risen by 50%.... so the the already highly speculative financial model was skewed even further into debt loading territory...... and here we are now, stripped to the bone on pay day loans! So I think my reservations about the finances have been fully vindicated.

And to think this was a World Heritage site. An empty and dilapidated dockland eyesore. Now we have created something which may ultimately be a catalyst for greater development and ultimately regeneration of an abandoned area.

Meanwhile, over at Analfied...!

Btw, has anyone ever given thought as to why...and how...UNESCO (or whoever) regarded the North Docks a World Heritage site given the historic slave trade connection for which WE have been pilloried. Hmmm!

It's been a brownfield site for decades. Left to rot and a symbol of a declining Liverpool economy.

The stadium is next to a sewage works (1. How was it ok for them to fill a dock in. 2. We bent over backwards to meet the demands and respect the local heritage)

The slave trade link can be put towards anywhere in the city. Personally I have no guilt over what our ancestors did over a century ago.

The point is, the initial financial plan had already collapsed prior to the war, as the club's half of the funding was never secured at any point during the previous year of searching. From that point, this was always going to be a stadium built by bank of daddy. There was next to nothing above ground when the war started. Yet we pressed ahead despite knowing this and that the money underpinning its naming rights and much of our clubs operational costs was no longer there. Unlike Arsenal and Spur's stadiums, no financial instutions were attracted by the project even when the owner funded the first half and USM were still in place. Over a year ago Moshiri stated that the project costs had already risen by 50%.... so the the already highly speculative financial model was skewed even further into debt loading territory...... and here we are now, stripped to the bone on pay day loans! So I think my reservations about the finances have been fully vindicated.

The stadium being over 50% built puts us in an incredible position.

Yes the bank of "daddy"and "stripped the bone" is another one of your awful takes.

It's a growing asset that adds sheer value. But yeah transport links etc. jog on.

It's been a brownfield site for decades. Left to rot and a symbol of a declining Liverpool economy.

The stadium is next to a sewage works (1. How was it ok for them to fill a dock in. 2. We bent over backwards to meet the demands and respect the local heritage)

The slave trade link can be put towards anywhere in the city. Personally I have no guilt over what our ancestors did over a century ago.
And nor should we. The point I am making is that UNESCO never advertised this stretch of wasteland as a history of the slave trade that had to be preserved. It was only when Everton decided to build a new stadium there that 'woke' suddenly awoke (pardon the pun) and decided it was an issue. Double standards and whatever fits the anti-Everton narrative.

Anyway, we've moved on...as have UNESCO...