New Everton Stadium Discussion

I reckon Moshiri has written that exact same message in an email to the UK government.

I'd like to think a lot of these Oligarchs are secretly getting together to try and do something about Putin. Appreciate they can attribute a lot, if not all, of their wealth to his tenure but they surely can't all be happy about the current situation??!!

Just buy Terrys Timber and use it as a bus terminal……..it would be peanuts in the greater scheme of things….

Terry's Timber is too close to the site to be an ideal bus stop/terminal and is within the hard road closure zone for that reason. There is only a total of 54m width of immediate pedestrian access to the stadium site across the 3 roads leading to and from it (Regent St going North and South and Blackstone St going East). For quick comparison GP has approx 180m. That section of Blackstone Street would be too swamped by people to allow decent loading and bus movement. Shuttle buses also have to be able to return and turn to face the right direction for their next run, and according to the transport strategy this is routed via Great Howard St, perhaps with a turning loop using streets off Derby St (though this isn't too clear in the planning docs, maybe they've been revised as I know there's been further consultation since).

There is no mention of a bus terminus as such. The Shuttle buses are meant to bridge the gap between existing hubs/terminals and the stadium. Obviously for them to work effectively they need clear pathways so that they can do as many shuttle runs as possible in a relatively short post match window. The route shown in the plan goes all the way to/from Lime St/St John's Lane. I think a shorter loop of say 10 streets to Old Hall would give a much quicker turnaround.

I'd like to think a lot of these Oligarchs are secretly getting together to try and do something about Putin. Appreciate they can attribute a lot, if not all, of their wealth to his tenure but they surely can't all be happy about the current situation??!!
not so sure much will change, their kids are still kicking around the Med playgrounds for the rich so not a lot is going to change when raising a comment against Putin means they are much more likely to be defenestrated.

The patch of land where the stacked portacabins are could be a shuttle bus terminus. Doesn't seem to be part of the planned fan park and wouldn't require people to cross any roads. The buses could run down great Howard Street, turning down water Street to the stadium.

I can see them closing regent road on match days as the bridge next to the tobacco warehouse is a bit of a pinch point for pedestrians if there's lots of traffic on the road

Terry's Timber is too close to the site to be an ideal bus stop/terminal and is within the hard road closure zone for that reason. There is only a total of 54m width of immediate pedestrian access to the stadium site across the 3 roads leading to and from it (Regent St going North and South and Blackstone St going East). For quick comparison GP has approx 180m. That section of Blackstone Street would be too swamped by people to allow decent loading and bus movement. Shuttle buses also have to be able to return and turn to face the right direction for their next run, and according to the transport strategy this is routed via Great Howard St, perhaps with a turning loop using streets off Derby St (though this isn't too clear in the planning docs, maybe they've been revised as I know there's been further consultation since).

There is no mention of a bus terminus as such. The Shuttle buses are meant to bridge the gap between existing hubs/terminals and the stadium. Obviously for them to work effectively they need clear pathways so that they can do as many shuttle runs as possible in a relatively short post match window. The route shown in the plan goes all the way to/from Lime St/St John's Lane. I think a shorter loop of say 10 streets to Old Hall would give a much quicker turnaround.

Didn't Terry from "Terry's Timber" basically say he's a massive blue and would love to sell his land to the club? (Please correct me if I'm wrong).

Tom I think you're getting too technical into what the city can and can't do in terms of a logistical sense? Any space can be utilised and a comparison to what? Urban planning Jesus.

Anyone else spoken to the club about the next step of hospitality?

2-3k£ a seat on the east and west stand to have a seat and utilise the "village". You have access to multiple bars but no hospitality.

Don't see how they can't make that the standard for general admission.

building this thing is killing us
Nah, it's killing Moshiri - its him and Bill that's killing us
Staying at Goodison would be worse
It's just a pitch with seats around it - albeit an historic one, but still a pitch with seats
Any extra money we make off it...and it won't be that much...will. e swallowed up in either interest payments or rent.

The real money is made by a consistently successful team, the prize money, marketing spin offs etc

Nah, it's killing Moshiri - its him and Bill that's killing us

It's just a pitch with seats around it - albeit an historic one, but still a pitch with seats
Any extra money we make off it...and it won't be that much...will. e swallowed up in either interest payments or rent.

The real money is made by a consistently successful team, the prize money, marketing spin offs etc

.......or playing in a landmark river side billion £ stadium that attracts external commercial revenue as well as the profit from having world class facilities.

what reason did they ban him, didnt think he was russian ?

Didn't Terry from "Terry's Timber" basically say he's a massive blue and would love to sell his land to the club? (Please correct me if I'm wrong).

Tom I think you're getting too technical into what the city can and can't do in terms of a logistical sense? Any space can be utilised and a comparison to what? Urban planning Jesus.

Transport planning is quite technical and if you get it wrong can be disastrous. Destination Kirkby was dismantled at the public inquiry largely because of the fundamentally flawed transport scheme, despite all the club's and Knowsley's claims and assurances.

Site availability and Terry's Evertonian credentials are irrelevant if the site is unsuitable, because that whole zone will essentially be pedestrians only for a good period post match. It's a bit like saying you'll park the soccerbuses along Goodison Rd and expecting them to be able to function.

The transport strategy itself states the 54m access-width issue.... this is then matched by the total access aperture size for the wall to try to reduce bottle-neck effects and maintain contant flow. They've modelled how many people will go north, south and east using information from consultation. As a result they've made this pedestrian only. If it transpires that there is enough space on Blackstock Street post match for pedestrians and buses, then maybe that space could be utilised. But I'm not sure that there is any real benefit compared to sites slightly away from this busy junction that is right at the heart of the hard-road-closure zone.