New Everton Stadium Discussion

Goosebumps watching that. Amazing quality footage and even the music is perfect.

God I wish I was there now to peer through the fence at it.
My bird says when I go AWOL she knows I ain't out cheating, I'm stood at the gates of BMD squashing my face through the railings trying to get better pictures.

She has no idea the stress I go through with them pictures ffslol

Sad, but true. I don't think planners would be too accommodating with us leaving a partial stadium, as the dimensions would pretty much remain the same.

If you kept two sides, it doesn't leave much of a footprint to develop the other parts into anything meaningful for the community. We'd need to upgrade too.

Sadly, the most appropriate course of action will be to demolish the ground in its entity or redevelop some parts into new mixed purpose units.

When I mentioned it the other day I was thinking more of a complete demolition of GP and a new non-league type stadium being built to accommodate the womens. Which still leaves loads of space to actually carry out most of the plans of the Legacy Project. Effectively reversing time to the original GP. The ship has probably sailed but you never know.

They have put more terracing on the north stand. They can’t erect the roof truss until that is in place, so it’s a sign to me that they are preparing that end first.

Also, there is blue scaffolding that looks like towed crane, just to the north of the north stand. I think that may be sections of the temporary support for the roof truss.

It feels like it will happen in a week or two.

I've been thinking along these lines for a while, but have never really raised the subject as. y'know, beggars can't be choosers, and ultimately, I'm just happy we're getting a new ground and have sadly accepted that GP is going.

If we were gonna keep it though, wouldn't we keep the Park End? It's the most modern of the 4.

Can any construction experts on here estimate how much it would cost to build the Park End, today? Are we effectively knocking down a £20 million piece of property?
It’s only value is as part of a stadium. It’s not worth anything outside that context.

Without constant maintenance, Goodison would be truly decrepit. The best thing is to let her go gracefully in the manner of our choosing.

The community use is baked into the planning permission. It needs to happen!

They have put more terracing on the north stand. They can’t erect the roof truss until that is in place, so it’s a sign to me that they are preparing that end first.

Also, there is blue scaffolding that looks like towed crane, just to the north of the north stand. I think that may be sections of the temporary support for the roof truss.

It feels like it will happen in a week or two.
jan-mash.gif